Thread: Forgot to say that I'm back...sorta

Thanks

Default Forgot to say that I'm back...sorta

Most of you probably don't know or remember me, but I rn into a lot of problems towards the end of last year and now typing has even become a problem (dystonia secondary to lupus).

So I'm not going to be able to post as much. But I' delighted to see all the people responding with great answers and advice here! It looks like you all have got things pretty well covered.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
    --Dar
    Neuropsychiatric (aka CNS) Lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Dar!

I remember you well. You share a first name with one of my favorite singers - Dar Williams. I'm sorry to hear things are rough but it's good to see you back on here. I know Rob has some sort of software to get the computer to type for him. I have no idea if this is something that would be affordable to you or not but perhaps you might want to look into that.

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Dar! I remember you and I am sorry to know things have been so rough for you this past year. I completely understand not being able to type but as long as you find some peace and information here then there is no need to post. You are still part of our WHL family even in silence

Hope things get better soon
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome back.

Sandy - speech recognition software is probably what Rob has...unnfortunately, because it also affects my speech and even talking too much can set it off, it wouldn't be a god solution. But thank you for mentioning it...it could help a lot of people.
    --Dar
    Neuropsychiatric (aka CNS) Lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I also remember you Dar.I am sorry you have not been too good.Glad you are back.Just post when you can we will always reply.
    Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dar View Post
    Thanks for the welcome back.

Sandy - speech recognition software is probably what Rob has...unnfortunately, because it also affects my speech and even talking too much can set it off, it wouldn't be a god solution. But thank you for mentioning it...it could help a lot of people.
    I certainly do remember you Dar. It's good to see you again. And yes, I do use voice recognition software on my bad days. But, as you know, you have to be able to speak loud and clear for it to work properly. There's nothing wrong with using the old "hunt and peck" method of typing, and if you get some grammar, punctuation, or spelling wrong, it's no big deal here.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time, but I'm glad you said hello!

Rob