Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IV steroids today =(

Thanks

Unhappy IV steroids today =(

Was admitted to Childrens after my doctor appointment today. She seemed really worried about my feet because they hadn't gotten any better this past week on the 30mg prednisone. I was hooked up on IV steroids and I have to go back again tomorrow and the next day for the same thing. She didnt tell me in her office but we saw later she wrote that there was modeling on my soles of my feet and we dont know what that means. Anyone here know? Im really worried about all this because I dont know what all is going on with me right now =( They ran more blood work tonight so hopefully that will give some answers.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey Ritz! Are you sure it said modeling and not mottled? Mottled is described as follows"

Mottled skin is patchy discoloration indicating primary or secondary changes of the deep, middle, or superficial dermal blood vessels. It can result from a hematologic, immune, or connective tissue disorder; chronic occlusive arterial disease; dysproteinemia; immobility; exposure to heat or cold; or shock. Mottled skin can be a normal reaction, such as the diffuse mottling that occurs when exposure to cold causes venous stasis in cutaneous blood vessels (cutis marmorata).

Mottling that occurs with other signs and symptoms usually affects the extremities, typically indicating restricted blood flow. For example, livedo reticularis, a characteristic network pattern of reddish blue discoloration, occurs when vasospasm of the middermal blood vessels slows local blood flow in dilated superficial capillaries and small veins. Shock causes mottling from systemic vasoconstriction.
    Read more at http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/s/skin...ktrack=kcplink
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (03-09-2011)

Thanks

Im not sure =( they just kept looking at the bottom of my feet saying thats not good, and I dont know what it is because I cant bend anything enough right now to even see what it looks like! I like how they just kept throwing things out there then going and typing things up then would leave and come back and eventually they were like "hey were admitting you for and IV infusion" and I was so confused. Then my mom said later my paperwork said somthing weird which could have been mottled I didnt see it because I was helf asleep. Neither of us know what it is. I dont know what to think because I know they dont just pump you full of steroids for 3 days over nothing.

I also like that my doctor flat out told me I obviously hadn't taken my prednisone or cellcept because "your face isnt puffy at all and you actually lost 2 lbs since last week." What kind of statement is that? I've been happy that I didnt get a puffed up face from all this freakin medicine and she accused me of not taking it because I didnt? And I felt really sick to my stomach for days last week and wasn't hardly eating and me and my mom both told her that. My mom flat out said I see her take all of her pills and you need to listen to her because Im worried. That really just aggravates me that thats always her first conclusion about everything with me. I know I've given reason but when everyones saying hey shes taking her medicine and this is still what she looks like then maybe she shouldnt say that because it makes me incredibly angry.
    Last edited by ritzbit; 03-09-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

morning ritz,

yuk. so sorry to hear about the IV steroids...i know you and your mom are worried, and i hope everything works out ok. please keep us posted.

i don't have any information about what is happening with your feet....however, Mari certainly provided some great information. thank goodness we have members like her who can search the internet and find this information.

best of luck, and i will be sending you gentle hugs.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I have another infusion today and tomorrow at 1:30. I see my doctor again after the one tomorrow and I guess I'll know more then when I talk to her. I am not looking forward to more of this IV today. I hate getting them. I dont know where they're going to poke me today. I wish they would have put in an IV that could just conviently stay in my hand for 3 days so they didnt have to do it again each time.
    Last edited by ritzbit; 03-09-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ugh - this doctor is still not listening to you when it comes to those meds and that really aggrevates me for you. I know you had a period of time where she was right not to trust you with them but that was about a year ago - maybe even two.

Thank goodness your mom was there to stand up for you. That makes me very happy indeed. I know it's been hard getting your parents to understand exactly how sick you have been feeling and thankfully right now she can see it and believe it.

I know you didn't want to go to the hospital but I'm glad that the doctor is being so aggressive in treating you right now. Vasculitis is not anything to play around with. I think the chart probably said mottling like Mari said. I know, as a diabetic, it is something I am supposed to routinely check my feet for as Mari correctly pointed out - it is a sign of poor circulation and can also be a sign of underlying disease activity in your body. Try to keep your feet elevated above your heart as much as possible right now. Your doctors probably already told you that. That'll help bring the swelling down quicker. (((hugs)))
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I told her I was willing to do anything to make my feet feel better. I hope that the vasculiltis is still just affecting my feet like they said last week. I dont want it affecting any more than it already is. I've had my feet up and my doctor acted like that wouldnt help at all and I told her I felt like it did and she just looked at me like "sure whatever you say". She is not a very nice woman at all, and for my last 3 visits has brought in this other doctor from the office she knows I like more than her. When my doctor leaves I always tell the other woman how mad it makes me when she says Im not taking my medicine and she looks at me like I know what you mean.

Thanks

Im currently sitting in a very small child size bed (lol) with my IV but no meds yet still waitin for them to get up to my room. Hopefully it doesnt take so long today to get done with this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I keep forgetting your several states away. I was going to hop in the car to go visit you
    I have sworn to myself to go to appointments with my mom since the doctor seems to listen to her rather than me. Sandy beat me to my original statement about it most likely being mottled (unless they plan to put you on the "Lupus Runway", although it sounds like you're there already). Sorry that I have nothing sufficient to add, but I'm happy that you are actually being taken care of by other doctors rather than just your pcp.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Thanks

Thank you =) Im hoping that all this makes me feel bettteerrr lol sick of feeling like crap.