Thread: 45 Degrees, Raining = PAIN

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default 45 Degrees, Raining = PAIN

OMG I just woke up from a nap, moaning in pain....again.... this is getting to be a habitual thing in the evenings, but tonight it is worse because of the weather. This has always been the worst for me, around 40-50 degrees and raining. Every single joint and muscle is howling. I took a couple Tramadol, hope they work. I usually take Vicodin but I am trying to take a little "vacation" from the Vicodin so that in case I am developing a bit of a tolerance, then I might be able to refrain from taking it to the point of it not helping. I hope I am making sense, because I feel like I am babbling incoherently.....the pain tonight is like running full force into a brick wall, repeatedly....and my hands, OMG. The osteoarthritis is horrendous. I just had to express this pain to someone, you know how sometimes you feel almost a sense of panic because the pain level is so very high you almost feel as if you are getting scared that it might be more than you can handle.....especially just coming out of sleep and having it wake you up...I feel like a child who is waking from a nightmare, except the nightmare doesn't go away.

I'm sure the Tramadol will help some....at least it did last night. I am having to double the dose though....one pill does nothing. I am careful. I will take these now and then a Vicodin at bedtime so that I can sleep without this happening in the middle of the night again.

I am so thankful I have a place where I can just cry out and know that there will be someone on the other end who understands and will HEAR me....I don't know why it is so important to be heard when you feel such incredible pain....maybe it's just so you can touch base with normalcy, with what is normal and not the nightmare.....and know that it will not swallow you alive. To know that the pain meds will kick in, and the pain will recede a bit, and that you will begin to breathe easier.....and finally the relief will come.
    Live, laugh, love. We only have one shot at this. ~Author Unknown

Thanks

I understand what you're talking about with the pain, oh boy do I! Sometimes I lay there thinking what will I do if it continues getting worse? At what point will I pass out from the pain when I'm standing? I've heard horror stories of people going to the ER for pain and I refuse to ever do that. I'm not well enough to go through the intensity of a pain clinic. I did that years ago but I was more mobile then and it was still tough. I'm tired of going to doctors and I feel guilty just asking for refills for my Norco. Like you, I try not to take it until my pain reaches a 7 but when I was in the hospital the nurses said I shouldn't have to live with pain that high. I don't know what the answer is and I'm sorry you're dealing with so much pain too. Know that you are not alone and I'm just a PM away any time of day if you just need to scream... I'll listen and scream with you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi porchy,

oh, so sorry to hear about your pain. Sounds like this is not a good time for you to cut back on your vicadin....maybe cut back after the rainy weather moves through, and the temp rises a little...i truly believe that we live with so much pain each day, that we often let the level get too high before we take our meds - at least this is what i do. I am trying very hard to give in a little sooner and not make myself suffer for so long.....remember, we must be good to ourselves.

yes, you are so correct, this is where we can come and release some of the mental anquish that goes along with such a high pain level....you just keep calling on us, we will be here with you until your pain level goes down. I am so sorry, i know how you feel, and i sincerely wish that i could wiggle my nose and the pain would be gone.

sweet dreams, hope you get a peaceful night's rest.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you so much, I appreciate your kind words ~ I had gotten in bed, pulled the covers over myself, then realized that I had forgotten to take the Tramadol. I didn't think it was worth the effort to get back up and take it, so I just fell asleep without it. BIG mistake!! If I had taken it, I wouldn't have woken with such awful pain. My memory is so bad, I can't remember anything....lol.....even pain meds when I am hurting so much. How dumb is that?? I am just sort of stumbling through life at this point, just trying to make it through the days & nights.

Again, thank you for your kindness and responding. I will be okay....sometimes the pain is so great it takes my breath away and I freak out a little. Things will settle down eventually.

xoxo
    Live, laugh, love. We only have one shot at this. ~Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Julie,

That is the worst combination for my pain too - 40's and rainy. It's a much different and deeper kind of pain than 30's and snowy or 80's and sunny. It just is fire everywhere when it's like that. This weekend past I was in the same situation. I usually take 1000mg Ibuprofin before bed but Sunday I was looking at the Vic bottle weighing my options. Like Phyllis said, maybe now isn't the time to try to manage your pain management drugs. Maybe next week will be dry and sunny and will be a better time.

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.