Thread: Benlysta For Lupus Likely To Be Approved This Thursday, A Potential Blockbuster

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Benlysta For Lupus Likely To Be Approved This Thursday, A Potential Blockbuster

Benlysta (belimumab) is expected to gain US approval this week by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), USA, for the treatment of lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus). This is the first drug approval with benefits for lupus patients in half-a-century...

More...

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Let the happy dance begin!!!!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

i am glad for you hope it comes to australia soon as well would love some relief hugs kim l

Thanks

Has anyone here mentioned the possibility of trying this to their rheumy? I did and she didnt even know what I was talking about, which was a little discouraging that she doesnt follow things like this. I dont know how much it could help me personally but if I could swap out some other pills for this I would be sooo happy =) Do you think it'd be covered under insurance? I dont know how things like that work.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    Has anyone here mentioned the possibility of trying this to their rheumy? I did and she didnt even know what I was talking about, which was a little discouraging that she doesnt follow things like this. I dont know how much it could help me personally but if I could swap out some other pills for this I would be sooo happy =) Do you think it'd be covered under insurance? I dont know how things like that work.
    I spoke to my doctor about when I first heard about it, last summer I think. She said it is defiintely something we are going to talk about if it gets approved since I cannot take Plaquenil.
    Lauren