Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lurkers

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Wink Lurkers

I just looked and there are 110 people logged into this site and only 5 of them are registered users. While it is perfectly fine to simply come here and read I just wanted to invite those of you reading to register and join our Lupus family. Whether you have been diagnosed, are waiting for a diagnosis, wonder if you have it or simply know someone that has it you are welcome here.

There is always room for new members of our Lupus family
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi tgal,
    Well said because my hubby was a lurker.lol and when he showed me WHL i just know i'd got to join to chat and mention what i was going through being so stressed at the time and i thanks to all the member's again for being very loving and caring.
    So like tgal said join and make yourselves feel wanted if your being re-jected as the member's have so much to offer others.

Thanks

I think this is very common. I checked out another Lupus site and at the moment they have currently 93 users online. 8 members and 85 guests

Looks like we have a bigger following
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree, Tgal said it eloquently . I just wanted to add to her invitation by saying that all auto-immune disorders are welcome here..you do not need to have Lupus. Nor, do you need to be diagnosed with a specific auto-immune disorder. We are a group of people who genuinely want to help and who care and who want you all to know that you are not alone!
    So, please feel free to join us!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

The numbers can be a little confusing, and somewhat misleading. I keep tabs from time to time on the who's online now stats, and at any one time approximately 25% of the guests here are not people, they are "bots". Bots are automated programs that automatically scour the internet for information. Some are good, some not. An example of a common good one would be Googlebots. They are what makes Google such a good search engine, as they constantly monitior of all sorts of info and add it to the search database. Another fair amount of guests are spammers, either automated, or otherwise, who we do our best to keep out. I figured out that roughly half of the guests at any given time are actual people lurking and reading the site for it's actual content-people who are looking for Lupus info.

That still leaves something like 40-45 of those 90 or so online that are real people, so it's definitely a good idea to encourage lurkers to sign up. I know it took me some time to finally decide to break my silence and join here. This was the first internet forum I ever joined or participated in. It can be intimidating for a person who's never done it before. I think the members here do one heck of a good job of putting forth posts that are down to earth, and very approachable by a new person. There is air of being inclusive here, with no cliques as I have unfortunately seen on other sites. The first people I ever talked to here were Saysusie and Oluwa, and it's been like home ever since those first hello's.

So, all you lurkers, come on in!

Rob

Thanks

Hi Rob,
    Thanks for explaining your first part about what lurkers mostly are but well said on the second half because at one stage i just would'nt have explained my life history away, as i've always kept it in but actually opening up now as helped me in such a way knowing if my hubby wants to cock a deaf one, i have a large family to turn to otherwise.

Terri xxx

Thanks

Rob,
    I know what you mean about other sites. There are a few that I only lurk in for information, but don't join in, because the members are just too negative all the time.
    I am so happy for this site, with it's all-inclusive tone. I really think of us as a large family, just as Terri does.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Pulling this one back to the front. If you come here and find comfort or help by reading please register and introduce yourself. You don't have to go through this alone. The whole WHL family is waiting for you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Deemarie1223 (08-28-2012), steve.b (08-28-2012)

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Thanks for being so openhearted and inviting and sorry for having been a lurker before now!!! I'm also on the autism spectrum (high-functioning) so I'm not that great at joining in in real life either! I am very glad to be a part of the WHL family and to know that I don't have to struggle on alone and I hope I can be supportive too. xox

11. The Following User Says Thank You to indigo For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-31-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hey, well glad you decided to join. it is a very great place to be so open and loving and I am new to the site also and have not once had a filling of there being cliques or anything like that everyone has been wonderfully loving and caring and open. i wish the town I lived in was as nice as this group.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blackeight For This Useful Post:

wendya432 (08-31-2012)