Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Light/Green Light

Thanks

Thumbs down Red Light/Green Light

I got a phone call from my ex this morning....our daughter was t-boned at an intersection on her way to work, after leaving my house. The guy was driving a full sized pick-up and ran a red light, hitting the driver's side door.

Thankfully, a witness saw everything, held my daughter's hand while waiting for emergency personnel and gave a statement to the police officers. Like I told DD at the ER, that's why you always give your information to police officers if you witness an accident, just like the good samaritan did for her. If he hadn't stopped, who knows how things would have turned out as far as the officer's liability determination? As it stands, it appears that the guy that hit DD was uninsured :-( Fortunately, we have full coverage, including uninsured motorist, but it's still a pain in the arse.

Luckily, DD purchased a new-to-her-car in September and it had side airbags, which the ER doctor assured us saved her from serious injury. She's battered and bruised, not to mention really pissed off at the jerk for blowing the red light, but she will heal. Too bad her car won't.

Just another layer of stress in the slice of life pie.

Thanks

BonusMom,
    Hang in there, and don't let this send you into a flare. I'm so glad that DD is OK. She'll probably be really sore tomorrow.
    My son totaled his Dad's Camaro by getting T-boned at an intersection. That was about 12 years ago, and Jeff still hasn't forgiven him.
    That Camaro was his mid-life crisis car - LOL!
    Take good care of your girl.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Wow, a child in a car wreck. I can only imagine the stress. Thank goodness for airbags. Wishing both you and her well, BonusMom. And may the "no insurance" dude get his "fair share", although if it's like around here, he's probably already off in some other vehicle without insurance...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

dear bonus mom sorry to here about your daughter i wish you and her the best hugs kiml

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I'm glad your daughter is going to be OK. Getting t-boned on the drivers side almost always leads to severe injuries for the driver. Airbags are marvelous things when they work properly.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

THANK GOD she is ok!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am so glad she is OK! Give her a hug from me (the lady she doesn't know that always worries about kid LOL)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry to hear about your daughters accident but am glad she is going to be okay. Bonita

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry to hear about the accident, but so very happy to hear that she is going to be OK. Thank goodness for the side air-bags! There are always small blessings in every dark moment!!
    Sending you {{hugs}}

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Im glad she is ok. She's so lucky she had those side airbags! Im glad someone stopped to sit with her, I really appreciated how my friends dad stayed with me until the police showed up when I wrecked back in November. Thank goodness for good people like that =)