Thread: new lupus diagnosis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default new lupus diagnosis

Hi. Yesterday I was diagnosed with sle. That is after spending the last 15 years with a wrong diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. Ok then. So here I am rewiring my way of life and learning a new language. No support group in my state so I am here to learn all I can.

Thanks

Welcome to WHL. You can learn a lot here. Read through the old threads that interest you, especially the stickys. Feel free to join in on threads and ask questions.
    Many of us have an overlap of AI diseases. I have Lupus, RA, Sjogren's and Psoriatic Arthritis, with Meniere's and Spasmodic Dysphonia thrown in.
    Hope to see you here agains soon.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi there! Welcome to WHL! We are so very glad that you found us. Often times the worst part of any AI disease is having to deal with it alone. Thankfully you are here and you are no longer alone.

As Marla mentioned many of these diseases overlap so many of the things you learned about the Arthritis will be true here. Just sit back, relax and unwind. You are now a part of the WHL family and we are always here for you.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hello, And welcome to WHL! Im so glad you found us. Your story sound's a lot like
    mine. You are never alone here and there is load's if great information on threads here,
    and the most wonderful and careing people I have ever met!!!!!!!!!!
    Wishing you a great weekend! ~Diane~
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Thanks

ruziska
    I am also newly diagnosed. I was diagnosed SLE one month ago. I am learning fast but maybe we can learn together. Welcome and let me know if I can ever help.
    bunny

Thanks

welcome whl ruziska we are all here to support and answer any question you might have hugs kim l

Thanks

Hello ruziska,
    Welcome to the WHL, there's so many threads for you to learn about the disease and it looks well you've only been diagnosed in the last 15yrs and it's a long spread of suffering before you know, i've been ill for 25yrs all the ailments going to connect with it but only diagnosed
    3yrs ago.
    I really hope you learn alot from our threads. Terri xxx