Thread: Hello all!!

Thanks

Default Hello all!!

Hi my name is Kaleigh. I was diagnosed with SLE lupus in may of 2009. I was lucky enough to get pregnant with my now 8 month old son and have no complications But now im facing quite a few big problems. My grandmother and two aunts have lupus so i know im not alone. I just wish i had friends that understood my condition. I try explaining to my husband but its frustrating to try to make him understand...

Thanks

Hi, first of all, congratulations on your son. I have a 6 month old son, and I thank God for him every day. Children are such a blessing. I have had SLE for about 10 years, but I was diagnosed 6, almost 7 years ago. I completely understand your need for friends who understand what you are going through. Unfortunately unless someone has lupus, they can't really understand. As for your husband, there is a great website you should check out. Its butyoudontlooksick.com it is great. There is the spoon theory on there. Read it, and share it with your husband, friends and family. It will help them to better grasp what you are going through. I know its very difficult to take care of a baby when you're feeling very ill, and maybe the spoon theory can help your husband see why you need help. It helped me and my husband communicate about lupus so much easier. He even asks me daily before he plans anything how many spoons I have to spare, so he can plan accordingly. Its so important to have a good support system with this disease and everything that ails us with it. Your husband is the starting point for that support. I hope this helps, and I look forward to talking with you more.

God bless,
    -Amanda

Thanks

Hi, first of all, congratulations on your son. I have a 6 month old son, and I thank God for him every day. Children are such a blessing. I have had SLE for about 10 years, but I was diagnosed 6, almost 7 years ago. I completely understand your need for friends who understand what you are going through. Unfortunately unless someone has lupus, they can't really understand. As for your husband, there is a great website you should check out. Its butyoudontlooksick.com it is great. There is the spoon theory on there. Read it, and share it with your husband, friends and family. It will help them to better grasp what you are going through. I know its very difficult to take care of a baby when you're feeling very ill, and maybe the spoon theory can help your husband see why you need help. It helped me and my husband communicate about lupus so much easier. He even asks me daily before he plans anything how many spoons I have to spare, so he can plan accordingly. Its so important to have a good support system with this disease and everything that ails us with it. Your husband is the starting point for that support. I hope this helps, and I look forward to talking with you more.

God bless,
    -Amanda

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi kaleigh! Welcome to WHL. I believe the hardest part of being ill is feeling alone in that illness. You are no longer alone because you are a member of this wonderful family. The people on here never fail to be supportive when needed or just an ear when you need to vent. I am so glad that you had no problems during pregnancy but being a mother has its own issues as well (cooking, cleaning, feeding... all the things that zap our energy)

Please make yourself at home and please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Feel free to read through the old threads or start new ones if you wish. I look forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

hello kaleigh welcome whl we are here to support and answer any qustions you might have hugs kiml

Thanks

Hello Kayleigh,
    Welcome to the WHL our lovely large family and a good many of us understand where your coming from.
    Congratulations with your son, as Lupus is known to stop you get pregnant but i'm pleased on that score for you.
    I found it mentally hard at times with my husband just kept thinking i was a nuisance till he actually attended a few appointments and now i could'nt wish for a better husband, if he's not attended appointments with you drag him along.lol

You do really have such alot of support from we all.

Luv Terri xxx