Thread: Wanna hear something funny

Thanks

Wink Wanna hear something funny

Hey you all, this is really funny and i just had to share. I live in Tennessee and am known in this area as Aunt Morbid. I am actually a Halloween Artist and my home looks like we celebrate Halloween year round.
    Now i do make other types of art, but halloween is my dearest because it is just so much fun.

I also build large props and we have a huge get together each year for the local kids, complete with a Haunted House. I have a 15 ft Grim reaper that i built in my husbands shop and a beautiful lifesize toepincher coffin setting next to it.

I had to give you that history to tell you this. After telling my oldest daugher ,who is a Registered Nurse, that i had been diagnosed with Lupus and everyone finally calmed down a little, She looked at me and smiled a little and said " Mom out of everything you could have gotten this disease is the most fitting." Lupus" means Wolf and you can't go out in the sun anymore. Now what are the neighbors going to think.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good one! Thanks for the laugh!
    Lauren

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

LOL That is too funny! There was a post yesterday about being kind of like vampires and I laughed to myself because my daughter is a HUGE Twilight fan and she is "Team Edwards" (the vampire). At least I have an illness that goes with her interests.

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it today
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Aunt Morbid, I like that! It appeals to my rather twisted sense of humor. You would like it here. My parents house is a dozen or so miles down the road from me, and across the street from them lives the author Stephen King. His house has this cool wrought-iron fence out front with cobwebs and gargoyles sculpted into the corners of it. Halloween is a real event in Bangor. Loads of fun!

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 03-05-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks

thanks for the chuckle we are like wolfs or vampires its funny because i love watching shows like that now i become one without the teeth hugs kiml

Thanks

OMG we all have alot in common. My oldest is a huge twilight fan. And Rob i would love to see Stephen Kings house. It sounds so homey. LOL.

Up until last year when my mother passed away, i was her caretaker and she lived with us in my home. Well i'm not a very big lady and one day mom slid down in the shower while my husband was at work and i could not get her up by myself. We live in a very secluded area and with no neighbors to call on i had to call 911.
    It just happens that it was just a few weeks before Halloween and we were in full force here. It usally takes about 3 months to set it all up and between that and all of my art work on the inside of the house, i knew it was a bad time but i had no choice.
    Fire and EMS came at the same time, just as i was moving a few cut off heads out of my living room floor. Now mind you even my bathrooms are fully decorated in black and gore.{Mom thought it was alot of fun to} Well to make a long story short, the paramedic just happened to be a pentecostal preacher and i thought he was going to down me right there. To try to ease the tension i tried to explain about my artwork and what a good market there was in it. At which point he kindly informed me the world was full of freaks that would purchase anything. It takes all kinds doesn't it my friends.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the giggles. I would love to see both houses. Lock myself up in King's cellar in craftkeeper's coffin!
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Thanks

LOL
    Craftkeeper - your house sounds like it would be so much fun to visit at Halloween!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Where in Tennesee? Maybe I can come see at Halloween ? TeeHee I'd love that. People are alway asking why I live in Dracula????

Thanks

Morning everyone..It would be great to have all of you there. We live way up on top of Grandview Mountain. It's a beautiful area. I have a group of deer that hang out in my back yard. It is so wooded that in the fall it's really quite spooky with all the decor we add. Right now we are having a problem with a big ole panther and i fear i am going to have to call our local wild life officers to come help us out. He has to be relocated before fall or it will be to dangerous for our hayrides. Good thing Halloween is a long way off because sometimes it takes awhile to catch them. They are so beautiful. but alas, not good for a party. We Usually have quite a few people here. Last one over a hundred and they do make a lot of noise, but i would just feel safer with him in a new home.