Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh My Gosh! I'm finally on!

Thanks

Hi Kimmi, And a Big Welcome to WHL! A lot of your symptom's sound like a lot of our symptom's. As you have probly already read, There are a lot of very wonderful people here
    at WHL. You are in my thought's and best wishes that your doctor's get your problems and symptoms sorted out & can get you on some med's to get you to feeling a lot better!
    Keep us posted on your dr. visit and results'.
    wishing you the best of luck!!!!!!!!! So Glad you've joined, very happy youre here! ~Diane~
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Thanks

Hi Kimmi!
    Welcome to WHL - I'm glad that you found us. Your story sounds like so many of us here.
    Let us know how your test results come out. It's a good thing that you wound up being referred to a teaching hospital. Maybe you can get some answers soon.
    I probably stayed at my job too long. I was a teacher, and loved my job. The last year that I taught, I was falling in front of the classroom often, had knee surgery and was rolling around the hallway with a rollator, and was so weak and numb by the end of the day I could barely drive home.
    My husband had a good opportunity, so we moved to a different state and I'm "retired". It took some getting used to, but I think that it was the best thing for my health.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    PS - Four boys! Brave woman! I have four girls and one boy (all adults now). He was the biggest headache to raise.
    Last edited by magistramarla; 03-05-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    Thanks ALL for the wonderful welcome. Don't be concerned about my confusion with registering. It all worked out in the long run I was doing all sorts of bizarre things. Those type things we do and go, "Did I REALLY just do that?!" SIGH!

Saysusie, I completely understand your rant over our doctors. I suppose it's not until you or a loved one suffers some sort of chronic illness that it becomes apparent that doctors really are a sad group. BUT on the same token what would we do without them, right? So with that knowledge that I've unfortunitely had to learn the hard way, I realize now how important it is for us to learn to the best of our ability to be our own advocates by educating ourselves (as we are all doing here by asking questions and learning from others) and learn to listen to our bodies and KNOW when things are not right and don't stop until we get an answer. It's a very difficult road and I know there are LOADS of others on here that also have had to go through this.

I have thought about sharing the "Spoon Theory" with my family but I want to wait until I have a diagnosis confirmed.

Debbie-b, in answer to your question about hubby pushing for me to work, I want to clarify that he is supportive of me and knows that I'm not well and IF I get bad enough where I'm not able to work outside the house, he would support that. However, we are both old school and feel like you had better be REALLY bad off to not go to work. Well as time progresses and my symptoms increase I often feel and wonder "Why in the world am I here working today" but I push myself because I hide how I'm really feeling from everyone. This is something I'm trying to change and work on. Being sick is harder than most would imagine.

Well enough for now. I hope I responded to all. Talk with you all again soon.

Kimmi
    Hi Kimmi,

Just want to let you know, I know what you mean by being old school. I have missed one day of work in the last five years.
    Us old school people will work, until we fall over. It is great, that your husband will support , whatever you decide.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

"However, we are both old school and feel like you had better be REALLY bad off to not go to work. Well as time progresses and my symptoms increase I often feel and wonder "Why in the world am I here working today" but I push myself because I hide how I'm really feeling from everyone. This is something I'm trying to change and work on. Being sick is harder than most would imagine. "

Being old school myself, I also try going to work no matter what. however, I find there are more and more days where I can't. Just don't push yourself too far.

Oh and welcome to the family

nonna