Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Lupus

Thanks

Hi Terry and thank you so much for your post.. I have read so many post from most all of the members and it seems that most have had such a frustrating time with Doctors.
    I know alot of the younger people get tired of hearing this,, but honestly doctors are not what they used to be.. Sure we have all of these major breakthroughs in medication and treatment.. But it's totally lost on most of the doctors today. When my olderst daughter was five she contracted spotted mountain tick fever and almost died. When i took her to her pediatrician she had a fever of 105 and the doctor looked me in the eye and asked me what i thought was wrong with her? After i got through ripping him apart, he found out what was wrong quickly.. I think they should pass a bill that doctors should only be allowed to collect payment after a timely and correct diagnosis is made. Bet that would put them on the ball. Anyway, Terry i'm usually not this hateful but it just irks me. LOL.

Thanks

Hello Sheila,
    Yes a large majority of us have had a right game with Doctor's my rheumo wow tell me nothing, i get my info off my GP he gives me copies of the letter's but i do have an excellent Dermatologist and i can't fault him one bit, i suffer with manic depression and my psychiatrist i had to see for that was brill and i've just found out he's taken ill and he's leaving now, so lets see who takes over but i know i'm not about to sit and explain 25yrs of illness to him.
    No your right about your daughter and that was disgusting asking you your opinion first but years back you did have doctor's on the ball and if you was admitted to hospital, it was one sister, a few proper nurses, not a calculation of nurses like today wearing all different uniform, absolutley disgusting.
    You vent away mate because half the time i'm either aggressive and my hubby gets it or i'm balling my eyes out, it's all so flustrating for us all
    and your right it is lol. xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

hi craftkeeper,
    steve here from australia.
    my rheumtologist is the best. his sister has lupus, so he has a vested interest in finding out the right stuff. a ds-dna is almost foolproof.
    we talk about my level on every visit. the sooner you start on the correct medication. the sooner your body will level out. plaquenil takes a little while (up to 6 months) to build up levels in your body. keep taking it,and read lots. there is lots of usefull posts here to read.

Thanks

Hi Sheila,
    How you feeling today in your health and do you feel alot carmer, i just hope you days been abit pain free mate.

Hugs Terri xxx