Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I may have started a doctor fight...

Thanks

Default I think I may have started a doctor fight...

I wish sometimes that a person could eavesdrop on doctor-to-doctor conversations... I went to the hematologist Tuesday after work, and we were discussing my issues with CVID and everything that's affected by/from it, including SLE. He is of the opinion (very strongly apparently) that I've got SLE, and was very surprised when I told him that the rheumy had said "We'll have to wait and see, and do more blood work next spring." In fact, he got red in the face, puffed his cheeks, rocked back and forth in his chair a couple of times, inhaled & exhaled a couple of times - reminded me of my mom doing her "I'm counting to ten, mister!" routine - and then came out with "I'll have to call her and discuss your case."

- btw, does anyone else have issues with remembering what they did with their notes from the doctor's visit? I can't find the numbers from my blood work... lol - Anyway, he went through his "it's not this because of this" a few times, and then "so that only leaves lupus" talk again.

I wish I could hear what they say...

- another btw: I started monthly IV Gammagard Wednesday morning for the CVID, so I'll be chained to that till the day I die. They fill a person full of Benadryl when they do that, and I didn't have anyone drive me there... whoops! That won't happen again. lolol
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have to admit I am laughing a little at this and cheering you on. If getting your doctors to argue means they will finally be forced to communicate about you and your medical condition then I say HOORAY!!!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (03-04-2011)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree, wholeheartedly, with SandyR. Let them fight to the death, as long as it means that they are working towards a common goal: your health!
    I wish you the best

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I am so happy for you! I am glad that one of your doctors is taking up your cause! Now something might actually happen!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Doctor on doctor smackdowns can be highly entertaining! I've seen/overheard a couple that were good enough to sell tickets to.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And may the good doctor win. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A step closer to your diagnosis (kind of wishing for balloons and confetti lol)! I agree with everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Doctor on doctor smackdowns can be highly entertaining! I've seen/overheard a couple that were good enough to sell tickets to.
    Next time, try and get it on film. I'd happily buy it! lol
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    It would be a hit on youtube, for sure, Rob!

I had a similar issue, early in the AI mystery, between my PCP and rheumy. My rheumy is an expert in her field who did a comprehensive medical exam/history and referred me to UCSF's SICCA Study for further eval. My PCP adhered strictly to labs, didn't perform a physical exam as comprehensive as my rheumy and wanted me to get a second opinion. I got a second opinion alright....I got another PCP!

Here's hoping that you will be the benefactor of the two "genuises" differing opinions!

Thanks

Good for you, Jmail!
    You'll have to report to us about your next rheumy appointment. What do you want to bet, she'll claim that she was sure that it was Lupus all along?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

round 1, 2 and 3.....KNOCKOUT>>>>one dr. is on the ground. ha ha ha

wish this one could be posted on youtube...i would even learn how to search youtube to see it...

congrats jmail, sounds like you will finally get the attention that you need and deserve. now, maybe they will get busy finding a way to help you feel better.
    Phyllis

share a smile today