Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today was a bit better

Thanks

Default Today was a bit better

Other than feeling really sick to my stomach, Im guessing just from pred and cellcept? Im actually feeling a little better today. My feet are clearly still swollen but they dont hurt nearly as bad, which is the best thing thats happened in 2 weeks. I have to go back to rheumy next week on Tuesday and if she thinks Im doing better I can apparently do away with one of my 15mg pred doses. So thats also good news. I'd like this to just be a short lived kind of thing, or at least as short as possible.

On a side note, I've been incredibly moody and that filter in my brain saying "hey you shouldnt say that" isnt working. I yelled at my whole college class today because they were being insanely rude and talking while me and 5 others were still taking our midterm. One of those 5 came up and thanked me later and said they wished they would have said something too. It had me all worked up at the time and now Im shocked I said anything. Totally out of character for me at school. Dont mess with me in a flare lol RAWRR

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey there! You know you can get to the end zone with 1000 tiny steps just like you can get there with 10 giant ones. Meaning that little steps can get you where you need to be. I went through this myself for a bit thinking that I wasn't fixed yet. Then the new doc and I were talking and he went through a few things that were better with me before saying " you may not be well but you have stopped spiraling downward". When I looked at everything he was right! You didn't get this way overnight and you aren't going to get completely well over night. I am so glad that you are having of feeling better. If you can get enough of those little steps together you will really be moving where you want to be!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (03-04-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari said it perfectly well...I agree with every letter of every word she wrote. I'm so happy to hear you're getting back on your feet *groan* again. *smiley face*
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is always nice when we can see the rainbow through the clouds. Bonita Hope you soon feel better

Thanks

Thanks you guys =) glad to be somewhat on my feet again. If the meds helped this much since Tuesday, I cant wait for Sunday, my sisters birthday. Hoping to not look sickly for that! If I could just get this nausea under control, things would be so much better lol any suggestions on what might help some?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

go figure that after I mail you, I notice the post. lol

Happy to hear your felling better, no matter how slight it is. If you like tea, Jasmine tea works really well for me. Also, sierra mist or ginger ale.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Thanks

Im actually a big tea drinker, so I might have to try that lol

Thanks

Prednisone has a tendency to make a person somewhat "aggressive", which for a meek person, can be somewhat alarming... Tell everybody that you're a "Cobra" on this web site, and watch 'em take a step back... 'course, they're liable to think there's something amiss in the brain... Like Mari says, one step at a time, or like my grandma used to say, "just put one foot in front of the other..." Camomile tea, with honey... maybe a pinch of cinnamon...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Can it really do that? Didnt know that. I'll just use that as my excuse for being a you-know-what....lol

The exams I was really worried about I didnt even have to take! At least not today, which is nice. My counselor emailed my teacher about it and she's not sure if I'll have to take them next week, but I definitly didnt have to today =) That was good enough for me though! I at least have the weekend to get myself together and study a little more if I end up having to take them next week.

And I learned and important lesson last night; dont push it! lol I decided that I would be nice and try to do some of my usual chores, and that didnt go very well. My feet swelled back up from maybe a half hour of walking around the kitchen setting the table and then unloading the dish washer. Who would think that would make your feet swell? Lesson learned lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good for you! I'm so happy to hear that the counselor and the teacher are accomodating you. And I'm proud of you for going and asking for help when you needed it. You've really grown so much in the 2 years we have all known you and it's so obvious how mature you have become. You are no longer a scared little girl but an independent thinking woman. Rest up off those feet and take it easy. I know how tempting it is to get right back on them when the swelling goes down but I have the same problem you do - unless I completely rest them they puff back up and I have kankles - gross!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.