Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: I am lost.

Thanks

Oh no, Oluwa. I am so sorry for your loss. Many hugs for you my friend.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Oluwa (12-14-2013)

Thanks

Thank you everyone for your sympathy, empathy....my Daddy fought to the very end. Sometimes the body that houses our spirit is ready to go before our spirit. He is loved by many, many...over 300 came to his service to say their farewells.

Grief is love and I will grieve for him forever. Thank you again for all your kindness and support.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oluwa For This Useful Post:

steve.b (12-15-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are so right Oluwa...Our spirits know much more than our bodies do. It is wonderful that your Dad was so loved and respected. Please know that you are in my heart, as always.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you, Carlotta. I am originally from a small city in Michigan, so my Daddy was well known. It was overwhelming being in grief and meeting cousins you remember from when you 8 years old. Literally I staggered about, dizzy, overwhelmed as I met them...after awhile I just said, "I see my Daddy's side of the family in your face, I think we are related..I am his 7th born, Marijo." My Daddy has 10 brothers and 1 sister, so that means lots and lots of cousins..and Lupus causing a stir I had to go outside to get fresh air many times. It is all a mental blur but the emotions are still enclosed in my body because it is so hard to let them in, out as I fear to feel what I felt like when Bola died. So, my heart is so encased it is literally busting to crack again. It hurts.

My Daddy was Catholic so the service was a traditional one...literally an all day event. Immediate family viewing, friends and family wake, church service, burial precession, burial service and fellowship.

My Daddy had been on dialysis for 3 years but he succumbed to a heart attack. He had many while on dialysis and lived on nitroglycerin pills and patches...then morphine. It was in a sense expected but you always, always hang onto hope. Hope is what keeps us moving, living. Hopes for a better tomorrow.

To get to my Daddy's home down you have to take a puddle jumper. The airport would not let us land in the U.P. as they were having a snow storm and could not clear the runway fast enough for us to land so, we had to head back to Detroit. But before going to Detroit we had to make an emergency landing in Saginaw because we were running out of fuel. Finally in Detroit...we spent the night and to try it again tomorrow but I changed our tickets to land in another city up there. We made it... Rented a car and drove 90 minutes.

I can't believe my Daddy is gone...much of the time I can't believe Bola, Riley and Pookie are gone too. I miss them all so, so much that I feel like I live in a haze. I love my Jack, he is my saving grace. Without him, Amanda or even my Dad when Bola died..I think I would not be here. He makes me smile and laugh...and feel love in my home.

Be well...Hugs with love...Me.
    Last edited by Oluwa; 12-31-2013 at 01:04 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oluwa For This Useful Post:

steve.b (12-31-2013)