Thread: Liver

Thanks

Default Liver

We all know, that lupus can damage the kidney, heart and lungs.
    What about the liver?
    As many of you know, I have taken MTX, but had to stop after only three weeks,
    because my liver enzimes went sky high.
    At this point I have been without ANY meds for four weeks and my liver enzimes are still very high.
    Could lupus be the reason? Could lupus damage my liver?
    I have a rheumy appt. for monday morning.
    Does anybody have an idea?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Morning Debbie,

Although there are things that are more common such as kidney, heart and lungs, Lupus can attack anywhere at any time. This disease is so individual and it spares no part of your body. From everything that I have learned Lupus attacks the weak parts of our bodies. The antibodies that are supposed to protect us turn on us and attack whatever is frail. Make sure you and your doctor go over this well because you want to stop this as soon as possible.

Keep us posted!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Mari,

Since I have posted this, I have read some sites, that agree with you. Lupus can attack the liver, the liver becomes weak, because of all the meds we have to take for years. And then it is an easy target for lupus.
    I just hope that is easy to fix. I am pretty scared, the liver is nothing to mess with.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey Debbie,

I will send good thoughts your way on this one. I understand being scared but try not to worry until there is something to worry about. Keep me posted
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Did your doc feel under your rib cage, and check if your liver was enlarged debbie-b? Something as simple as a blocked bile duct can cause you issues with your liver, and cause your enzymes to go up. 'Course, it can also point to other issues, such as your heart. It's definitely something to stay on top of.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."