Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another person with a relative in surgery

Thanks

Unhappy Another person with a relative in surgery

Well, you can add me to the list of people here who are worried while someone has surgery.
    Tomorrow, my daughter Meg is having knee surgery. Of course, she brought this on herself by trying to ski. She tore both her MCL and ACL in her left leg.
    Today, she called me saying that she's having the worst day in her life. She had a hemorrhoid treated this morning. Then she left 1 yr. old Ryan at Tyler's grandma's to stay the night and headed home. She called me when she started freaking out about the weather - under a tornado warning. She finally made it home and is now alone with the dogs. Tyler can't leave the AF base because they are on lockdown until the weather clears.
    By 6 A.M. tomorrow, she'll have to be at the hospital.
    I wish I could be there to help, but then again, I'm glad to not be in the middle of all that stress!
    Hugs to all,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'll be thinking of her during my quiet time
    Sarah
    Rob's Dad
    and your Meg

hugs
    Toni

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Add me to the list of people thinking about all the ill family members. Please keep us posted on how things are going.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I wish your daughter the best. It's so hard when we can't be there for our children.

Thanks

So sorry to hear about Meg's surgery, Marla. It is very difficult when our children are having a medical issue and we can't be there for them (whether they want us there or not). You just can't turn off that Mama gene when they turn 18, can ya?

I hope all goes well with Meg's procedure tomorrow and the recovery isn't too horrendous. I can't imagine it'll be a picnic, especially with an active 15 month old, a bandaged knee and a sore bottom.
    Last edited by BonusMom; 02-25-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sorry that I just am seeing this now but what happened? did she get to the hospital on time? was there any storm damage she had to deal with?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Update on Meg -
    She had the surgery last Friday, and is doing a bit better every day. The pain has been very bad for her. They gave her something that was supposed to numb the leg for 24 hours, but it didn't work at all. She's been on some pretty strong pain meds.
    Tyler's grandma is keeping Ryan at her house, so Meg is really missing him. When Tyler is working, her two Dobermans are snuggling with her and "taking care" of their Mama.
    I wish that I could be there, but I know that I wouldn't be able to do much besides cook. I could never keep up with a toddler.
    I don't think that she will ever try to ski again!!
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I'm very happy to hear that Meg is making good progress. Knee surgery pain can be pretty bad, I hope the pain meds help her.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad to hear it went smoothly; bless the dogs for cuddling with her. Surprising isn't how they know things like when you are sick or miserable and need to feel their love

hugs to all, especially Moms who can't be with their kids to help out

Toni

Thanks

Hi Marla,

It is so hard when we can't be with our kids in these kind of situations. I hate living so far away from my kids and grandchildren, but what can we do.
    I am glad she has help from her MIL and she is doing better. I am sure she will be back to normal very soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).