Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Feet Are so Swollen

Thanks

Default My Feet Are so Swollen

I have never really had problems with my feet being overly swollen but the past 3 days have been unbearable. My feel are so swollen it looks like the skin is just being stretched to the brink. It happens later in the afternoon around 2-3 and gets worse as the night goes on and starts up in my hands too, but not as bad. I've been taking Naproxen hoping it would help but its not. Any suggestions?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

That is something you need to make sure and tell your doctor about. It is really important and can be a sign of some dangerous and not so dangerous things. The reason it is happening or with your feet in the afternoon and evenings is because you have been on your feet or had your feet hanging down for several hours. I have this issue on and off for a couple of years and one of the best things to do is to make sure you put your feet up when you are sitting down. (I used to use my trashcan under my desk when I worked). Give it a shot and see if that helps. Let us know how it goes!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Ritzbit, did you get anywhere about your heart? That and the feet can be related.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My doctor always checks my feet for swelling but i have never known why. I have only had my feet swell twice and i know what a horrible and uncomfortable feeling it is. I feel for you. I guess the thing to do is head straight to your doctor and dont take any chances. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've had my feet swell to the point of going to the hospital. Please make sure you mention this to your dr. As jmail and tgal said - it could be nothing but if it is something you need to get it checked out.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

They were a little swollen last time I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and she said I'd have to go back on prednisone if it got worse =( my mom said she's calling on Monday if they dont get better over the weekend. And I try to put them up when I get home but theres nothing I can do when it starts up at school. Im really never on my feet during the day except between classes. They arent as bad today thank god. Its going to be a lying around in bed kind of weekend.

Thanks

DSCF6569.jpgDSCF6573.jpgDSCF6574.jpg
    My feet today. And thats GOOD compared to the last few days.

Thanks

Even though your feet are improved, please be sure to tell your doctor about the swelling. Did you take pictures of your feet when they were at their worst? As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words and when you can't get in to the doctor immediately (or don't think it's necessary), you can show them what the swelling/rash, etc. looked like initially.

Glad that you're doing better.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the last time my feet swelled up I ended up at the emergency room. It turned out they swelled because I had a UTI. that's just an FYI

nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

my feet looked alot like that when I was in the ER too. how are they today? Did you end up calling the dr?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.