Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm about to loose my s**t!!!!

Thanks

Angry I'm about to loose my s**t!!!!

I need to vent (sorry so long)!!!!!

I have had it with incompentant so called doctors!!!!
    I will give a quick run down of my latest gig.
    I'm having fainting spells since Jan 11. 1=4 stitches to eyebrow, 1=4 stitches to chin and a chipped tooth. 2 almost faints and 1 that I was able to sitdown before I went down. All I presented to the ER was sewn up and told to follow-up with GP etc.. to see why I was fainting (meanwhile the nurses that come to my home for my adrenal failure thingy have all noted my irregular pulse low blood pressure etc...) Then there is this last time. Last Wed I'm in the tub, I feel faint go to sit, but not fast enough and well catch my arm on glass vase and that results in 60 staples and 5 stitches to my forearm. Sent home again no mention of why I'm fainting. Before I leave I plead and question the doc to make sure he got out all the glass and asked for an x-ray. No he says your fine. Away I go....
    Wrong Not fine. Arm swollen to twice it's size, infection no sensation between elbow and wrist. I had x-ray today and there are 3 pieces of glass in there 1 so deeply imbeded that it is touching my humerus. So I'm to see a plastic surgeon in the next couple of days to have them removed (surgically). Oh and did I mention still no clue or really investigation as to why this is happening!!! Every doc I see seems to be passing it off onto the other, nobody is wanting to take responsibilty for me and it is pissing me off soooo much!!!
    Last edited by Colleenc; 02-23-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks

I'd be seeing red also!

They think it's perfectly normal for someone to be fainting and getting all of these lacerations? I think not.

Have you seen your primary doc for the fainting spells? What's your blood pressure when you get to ER?

Have they rules out POTS?

Thanks

My pulse has been running at about 48 beats a minute and blood pressure is low for me 110/68. My heart rate is irregular too ( they all were higher befroe I had the adrenal crisis I think that started this problem) and they seen that in ER, but nothing was done. I seen my NP whom fired me(so she really is only there if I really (defined by her) need her until new GP takes over March 7) I have spoke with my rhuemy and lung doc. He set me up with a holter moniter which I took back Tuesday. Hopefully I will here soon about going to cardiologist.

What it POTS??

Thanks

Our whole medical system is in the cr*pper worldwide!! Every doctor has their specialty and that is all they will deal with. If your big toe hurts you go to one doctor, if your head hurts another and on and on. No coordinating of anything and no one seems to care as long as they did their job well enough to keep them from a lawsuit. I've noticed the sicker I get the worse medical attention I get and it makes me wonder if the conspiracy theorists aren't onto something about us being dispensable because we're a drain on the system. It's terrible for you to have to go through this on top of everything else. It just doesn't make sense to me that people in the profession of healing couldn't care less! I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDog For This Useful Post:

Colleenc (02-24-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Colleen,

Here is a link to a page which might help. http://www.dinet.org/index.htm I completely agree w/ Bonus Mom, have they ruled out POTS or even Neurocardiogenic Syncope? My eldest has POTS and although she rarely passes out now, before she got diagnosed she went down quite often. Just like me, it took us over a year to get her diagnosed since POTS is even less understood or heard of than Lupus. I know that it seems that most of the doctors are ignoramuses, but there are good ones out there. It was actually my daughter's gyn that said she needed to go to a cardiologist. If POTS sounds likely (I read over the symptoms and it was as if giant spotlights were going off not just lightbulbs when I looked at it for my daughter ) feel free to email me w/any questions, we've been dealing w/this for almost 5 yrs now - wow can't believe it's been that long. (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

7. The Following User Says Thank You to red246 For This Useful Post:

Colleenc (02-24-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am so sorry that you are going through this! I do want to point out something that you may not have thought of. I have seizures and I was told that people with seizures and fainting issues should NEVER take a bath when alone in the house nor should they drive. As much as I fought these things it really is true. Very few seizures actually kill you but drowning in the tub or crashing a car during a seizures happens often. Same for people fainting. Until these issues are dealt with you should avoid these activities.

Sorry. I know that sucks but it will keep you and your family safe
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Colleenc (02-24-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow! that is really horrible that this hospital and those doctors are treating you so badly. I've never taken anyone to court before but this might be what would make me. You shouldn't have to be treated like this from the ER or the other doctor. It's all just crap and irresponsible of them to pass you along like you are a hot potato. And to let you leave with glass in your wound without checking after you already told them it still feels wrong is horrendous. I'm so mad for you right now! I seem to remember your saying that there aren't so many medical treatment options where you live and that makes this hospital's behaviour more malicious to me. You, Good Dog and no one else should have to experience medical malpractice caused by a lack of care. Let me stop - this rant isn't going to help you much but to know you are not alone in your anger. It isn't misplaced. The doctors are wrong. I don't know what you can do for the immediate solution except to hire a lawyer or shout it out to the news but I think I would be taking really careful notes, especially since your home nurses are medically trained witnesses and you can prove that you are not some cracked up loony bird looking for a hospital fix.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

Colleenc (02-24-2011)

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for there posts!!! I'm going to look up POTS as soon as I get off here. I have been keeping notes (very careful notes of what has gone on over the last few weeks regarding the syncope issues) and have thought about a lawyer, but first I need to fix the outstanding problems (arm) then I can focuse my attention to making someone accountable. i should mention that my rheumy and resp docs are great (but they are located in another city that is to far away to drive to when your sick or hurt) But the rest of the docs here are quacks (for lack of a better word).
    Mari we have taken steps to make sure I'm safe ie: "baby proofed (meaning removed all glass/breakables) no tubs alone, hubby and kids check on me regularly throughout the day and no more driving/work at least for now. The good thing is I can now feel them coming on the last one I had the other day I was able to lie down on the couch before it happened.
    Still waiting to here from plastic doc. We dropped off x-ray to him this am so he could look at them and decide how best to get them out. Should be done tomorrow(I hope)!!!

C

Thanks

I just looked up POTS and I found it interesting that one of the other diseases it goes along with is Addisons. I had an acute adrenal failure in Jan and I'm still recovering from it. The docs are not sure what happened to me adrenal glands. But once I'm better I know they want to test for Addisons etc... I have a lot of the smyptoms listed. I will for sure be looking into this more..

Thanks

Just thinking about you, Colleen, and hoping you're feeling better. ((hugs))

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDog For This Useful Post:

Colleenc (02-24-2011)