Hi everyone-hope this post finds you all well. I'm hangin' in there. I decided to take a short leave of absence from work. I was finding it way too difficult trying to do both (work and kids-husband works shifts...), and this flare just isn't going away. How do you guys handle flares and work and kids? I feel like my life is on hold right now-but I am happy that I am in a position to be able to take some time off and put myself and my children first. My appt. with rheumy was rescheduled to March 8-horrible having to wait. I saw my NP yesterday-who I think is starting to take me/my illness more seriously. She called me at home last night to ask some questions! That felt good. She had a lovely look up my nose at the appt. and informed me that I have cankers in there-man they hurt. My left eye and my throat have been really bothering me too. Do you think they could be related-perhaps cankers at the back of my throat where I can't see them? Anyone else have this? I also have to go for an ECG/chest x-ray. I've been having chest pain-a heaviness in my chest-that feels a bit better when I sit up/stand up. Still with the joint pain, flu feeling, sore glands, fatigue, night sweats, abdominal pain, hives, crusty eyes in the morning, sinus headaches-sore gumline, IBS-RIDICULOUS......I feel ridiculous when I talk about all of my symptoms. How did you guys handle having to wait for a diagnosis, while feeling sick/flaring.....

Thanks for reading,

Wendy