Thread: Blood Clot

Thanks

Default Blood Clot

I think I developed another blood clot this time on my left leg. I'm currenlty on blood thinners since July/Aug, but they're not working my INR levels are still not where they're suppose to be.
    I have a big bruise which seems to be on or in my vein, my leg is warm to the touch and it hurts, also feels lumpy. I've called my nurse practicioner at the hemotologist office and have not gotten a call back. I'm scared, as I already had DTV and PE's.
    SIGH!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

If you do not hear back by the time the office closes you need to get to the ER ASAP! You can not play around with clots! Please keep us posted
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've had dvt and PE before too and since the first time when I ignored the pain in my leg, which turned out to be a dvt that travelled to my lungs, I've never ignored pain like that again. I hope you don't either. I know your worry though because I've been on blood thinners since 2009 and developed more clots in my lungs while on them even though my INR has always been in therapeutic range. Best of luck and hope it wasn't another clot for u.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Go to the ER right now! I've had the PEs and my INR flies all over the place. Don't mess with this -- just go. I recently went with the exact same symptoms but instead of blood clots, my INR was 6.7. Please go and then when you can, give us an update.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

what happened with your leg? I'm pnly now just seeing your thread. I hope you took Mari's advice and went to the ER and that they are fixing you right up.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Sorry guys I forgot I had posted this. I talked to my hemotologist and she said if I got my INR checked and it was therapeutic then it should be ok, so I didnt go. Thanks for your replies and worrying.