Thread: I'm Sleeping My Life Away.........

Thanks

Default I'm Sleeping My Life Away.........

Since seeing the rheumy nearly two weeks ago, I'm now taking 200 mg Plaquenil every other day. The last dose will be on Thursday.

I was off work Friday and spent most of the day sleeping. I mustered up enough energy to get my behind out of bed on Saturday to run some errands and clean house. On Sunday the kids were all over for dinner (yeah!!!!). I slept 10 hours last night. I got up this morning, had a bowl of cereal, took my meds and went back to sleep for two hours. I was awake for two hours then back to sleep for two hours.

Is this my destiny without Plaquenil? If so, I'm calling the rheumy and telling her that this little experiment is a no go and I'm getting off the hamster wheel.

My brain is so mushy and my tummy is acting up, too. I don't know if it's merely a coincidence or I'm paying the price for going off Plaquenil. Either way, I don't think it was the wisest choice for me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I can only tell you from my experience before plaq and other meds for lupus. Move, the more you move the better able you are to stay awake. But you're on the right track by calling the doc.

Hugs and good luck
    nonna

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I tried coming off the plaq and the same thing happened to me. By the time I was 2 weeks off my entire body went nuts. Lung infections, rashes, hives. CRAZY. Needless to say that I am back on it and very thankful!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I'm back on the 400 mg of Plaquenil, per doctor's orders. I just hope it doesn't take months to "work" like it did when I first started taking it *sigh*. I guess I learned my lesson.....Plaquenil is my friend.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Bonus Mom! It I was afraid of that as well and since you were not off long (or on a lower dose anyway) it won't. You should feel the difference in a couple of weeks!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~