Thread: Problem with my leg.

Thanks

Exclamation Problem with my leg.

so a few days ago I had a fever and didn't feel well at all really. When I woke up the next day (sunday) I could hardly walk my left calf was so sore. It still is. It's tender and sore. Hurts when I move it and feels quite stiff. Like the calf muscle or tendon or something is pulled tighter and I can't stretch it all the way.
    It's feeling kinda of like muscle spasms aswell ... not sure waht to think. I didn't do anything to it. I went to a friends house for dinner. We ate and then my friend and I laughed at a movie. I went home early since I wasn't feeling well and went to bed.

I tried to call my rheumy today but they are closed because of presidents day. What do you think ? I've been putting the heating pad on it. It doesn't help but the heat feels good on the sore muscle.
    I've never had this happen before.
    asherah

2. The Following User Says Thank You to asherah For This Useful Post:

lovehubby (02-23-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Don't have any ideas but sending (((Hugs))). Hope it feels better soon!
    Lauren

Thanks

Asherah,
    You have just perfectly described the way my muscles are. For me, both of my calf muscles feel constantly tight. My legs often spasm, and can pull me down to the floor if it catches me unprepared. My leg muscles stiffen up overnight, and it is very, very difficult to stretch my legs out straight when I wake up.
    Lately, my arms and hands are starting to stiffen up at night, too.
    Are you experiencing any neuropathy - numbness and tingling in your feet and/or legs? My toes are always cold and numb - it makes driving difficult.
    I have an overlap of Lupus, Sjogren's, RA and psoriatic arthritis. According to what I've researched, muscle pain can be a symptom of Sjogren's. I've tried to tell both my rheumy and neuro that, but they won't listen.
    I hope that your rheumy has some answers for you. If so, let me know what you find out.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

My toes are cold constantly lately. I am wearing socks and slippers with fur linging stuff but they are still cold.. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
    I'll call i the morning and see what they say. I had a really bad flare last week and was in agony for 3 days. It felt like my whole body was spasaming and any time I moved it felt like when your tendons are over stretched... ouch. Considered going to the ER.

asherah

Thanks

You could have Raynaud's syndrome causing the cold toes - many of us have it.

Thanks

Blood clot in calf???? I have had many and they all feel different!! Maybe ask your doc for an ultrasound of you leg. I'm on blood thinners and still produce clots because of the APS... Or it could be Raynaurds!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I was thinking the same thing about calling the doc. You don't want to take a chance with it being a blood clot. Let us know how it is going
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Asherah, Sorry your leg's are giveing you so much pain, And im with every one else
    to get your dr' to check it out to make sure nothing else is going on. I am going through
    the same severe spasam's and tightness, and severe acheing pain in my leg's to right now also mine feel numb. and very tight but i have the preperal neuropathy thet is nerve
    dammage in my leg's due to my brain dammage and sjogrens and lupus . I have also had the all over body muscel spasams with it to where i would have to just ball up in a ball till
    the spasams passed. I too have numb toes and feet always like a popcycle cold!
    Wishing you the best of luck on your doctor's getting you to feeling better!!! And find
    out what's causeing it. ~Diane~
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

you need to be careful about blood clots if you have Lupus so I would go to the ER if it gets worse