Thread: Armour 30 / 60 recall...

Thanks

Default Armour 30 / 60 recall...

This isn't going to affect hardly anyone, but Forest Labs is recalling some lots of their Armour. It should be confined to the pharmacy level and not have been distributed at all, since it was caught so early, but if you've recently refilled your Armour, check your pills just in case.

"If you take 1/2 grain (30 mg) size Armour, you can add another safety check by looking at your pills and confirming their size and markings. The 30 mg/ 1/2 grain tablets are marked with the A and the letters TD, and 60 mg / 1 grain tablets are marked with the A and the letters TE... There is no need to return your pills to the pharmacy unless your 1/2 grain/30 mg Armour does not have the correct markings or does not match previous 1/2 grain/30 mg size pills you've taken. And if you are still unsure, show your pills to your pharmacist. Note that these batches affected by the recall have gone to pharmacies in the US, Puerto Rico, Belgium, and the United Kingdom."

Quote taken from About dot com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I took Armour at one time and it messed up my thyroid so much that they had to change me back to synthoid. They never could get me regulated I was then told my a doctor that you can not even get it in most places any more.

Thanks

The problem with Armour a lot of times is that it's from pigs, and if you're intolerant of pork... Also, it's not as "precise" in it's dosing as is Synthroid.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I may be dense but I never heard of it. What is it?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

it's a thyroid medicine that is considered to be "natural" since it's not synthetic. Thanks for this good info jmail!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.