Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not feeling right...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angry not feeling right...

the last couple of days the pain is so bad, and i feel like my head is so heavy. and so so tired. i feel so weak. i called my Dr today and still waiting for him to call me back. i want him to put me on perdisone. i know he doesn't want to. but i cant take it anymore. i feel I'm loosing my life by the way i feel.. i know i have lupus and I'm so tired of waiting and feeling this way.. today is my day off and its so nice out and i spent it sleeping .. and i don't feel any better.. i wish for one day the Dr's can feel what i feel and then maybe they wont take there time ... is it to much to ask for something to help me feel better..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm sorry to hear today's just one of the ucky days. I don't think you are asking too much at all. I know you feel like kicking and screaming and crying and maybe that's just what the doctor needs to see you do so he will realize how severe this situation has become for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

OH Tracey I am so sorry that today is a bad day. You described the pain and fatigue so well that I think everyone here understands. I agree with Sandy that you are not asking too much. My initial doctor didn't like steroids either and his favorite phrase was "Steroids will make you feel good all the way to the grave". I know they are not good for us but sometimes it is worth the risk just to have a life.

I hope you get to feeling better soon and remember, if this doc won't listen find one that will. You deserve to have a life even with Lupus
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the Dr did call me back he is putting me on gabpentin.. i never heard of it. so ill give it a try.. i feel so weak and that i cant hold my head up .. i hope this pill helps a little...

Thanks

Here is some information on Gabapentin"

Why is this medication prescribed?

Gabapentin is used to help control certain types of seizures in patients who have epilepsy. Gabapentin is also used to relieve the pain of postherpetic neuralgia (PHN; the burning, stabbing pain or aches that may last for months or years after an attack of shingles). Gabapentin is in a class of medications called anticonvulsants. Gabapentin treats seizures by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain. Gabapentin relieves the pain of PHN by changing the way the body senses pain.

Hope this helps
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i called the Dr today because of the pain all over my body. I told him i wanted to go on perdisone. and he didn't want to put me on it. i have to go see him on the 28th so he called in Gabapentin for my pain.. i never had seizures or shingles.. so I'm not sure why he gave me this medication. i hope it doesn't make me sicker...

Thanks

Sometimes anti-seizure meds work on pain as well. I have pain in my face called Trigeminal Neuralgia and the meds used to fix it is the same meds they changed me to for my seizures. It doesn't mean you have had shingles or seizures, it just means he thinks it will help your pain and it is worth a shot. You should have an idea by the 28th.
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am on this medicine for the pins & needles mainly that I have almost constantly. It does help w/that. Hope you can get some relief. ((Hugs))
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My personal rule - don't take any new medicine until you know the answers to the following 5 questions:
    1 exactly what it is you are being told to take?
    2 what it is supposed to do for your current condition?
    3 how does this medication work including what are it's known side effects?
    4 how will my other current medical conditions or perscriptions be affected by this new medicine?
    5 is this the best alternative/most successful treatment available to me?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I don't even fill the scripts until I have researched it online. But I am not as hard core as Sandy. Sometimes I just need the relief and am willing to suffer with the side effects. Those are great rules though
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~