Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye Test

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Eye Test

Well I am about to head out to my first (yes, first) Plaquinil Eye test. The original doc that put me on plaq told me to have one in a year but never told me about the baseline test so I didn't have one. The doc that treated me next asked about one since I had already been on Plaq for 9 months but I couldn't afford it. Last night, by accident, I found a doc that actually new what I was talking about and I have one today.

Wish me luck! Hugs to everyone
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good Luck with hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good luck, let us know how it went! (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

how'd it go?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Back from the eye doc and the good news is no damage to my eyes from the plaq! He did yell at me for not doing it earlier. Lectured me about plaq being a toxin and we have to watch my eyes. I do have to have new glasses because my eye sight is worse then it was 2 years ago. Over all I am very happy with the results and I don't come back from docs saying that often!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am glad that the Plaquenil has caused no ill effects to your eyes. Yes, it is a toxin, but we take it in such low doses that it does not often cause eye problems. However, it is good to have your eyes checked twice a year..I am not lecturing you

I have to change my glasses also...I think that the more we wear glasses, the more we NEED them!! Uggh!! Maybe there is a universal conspiracy between the lens makers, the frame manufacturer and ophthalmologists to put something in our glasses that helps us for a year or two, but then damages our eyes so that we have to come back for new glasses every 2 yrs (lol). That is my conspiracy theory for the week

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've had to change my lenses every 4-6 months this past year. I outsmarted the conspiracy by using my old frames

Thanks

I have been going for the Plaquenil checks for 2 years, but since I wear glasses Im already used to going once a year. I've been going twice a year and everytime I've gone all they did was the plaquenil tests even when I told them that I havent been seeing as well. So after not being able to read last week in english my mom finally made me an appointment on Monday. I've been telling my mom I couldnt see as well for months, and when she called yesterday they said the last time they actually checked my vision was in 2008! Dumb doctors lol

Thanks

I hadn't been to the eye doctor in over 3 years and my doctor insisted I have an exam because of the prednisone. A couple of weeks ago I finally went and I have a cataract! She said it was probably caused by the prednisone and that I should have surgery. I told her that I couldn't right now because of all my other health issues so she's going to reexamine them in 6 months. Naturally my prescription changed and I had to get new glasses. Thank Heaven for WalMart. LOL

Thanks

Mari,
    I'm glad that you got that baseline exam. It is important that we keep track of this. My ophthalmologist here in Ca is a keeper. He's more knowledgeable about Sjogren's than my rheumy. I also needed a change of lenses, but like Nonna, I had them put the new lenses in my old frames. I've had those frames for three or four years, but I really like them and I've taken good care of them.
    I priced the new lenses at three places. It was amazing how much the first two places wanted to charge. We then stopped past the optical shop at the BX on base. I was able to get them for $82!!!! I'm wearing my old, old glasses right now. The new ones will be in next week. I thank goodness for the military!
    Hugs,
    Marla