Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back!

Thanks

Default I'm back!

Hey guys,

Im not sure if you guys remember me. Im Amanda Hollins. I was a member a while back, but my computer crashed. We haven't been able to get a new one yet, but im supposed to get one next month.

Lots of things have happened in my life while I was away. I went into a really bad flare back in dec '08. I lost all my hair, could barely walk, almost constant pain, among other things, but I saw a go and got put on plaquenil and prednisone and amitryptiline for my seizures. I was on 80mg of prednisone for 8 months with no relief. I had gained over 100lbs and felt awful. Then, miraculously in oct '09, I went into full remission. Got off all medication, and got pregnant in dec '09. T pregnancy was very difficult. I was on bedrest from 12 weeks until I had my son at 35 weeks. I had pre-eclampsia, gestational dibetes, separated hips (forgot the name of it) sciatica 16 weeks of all day vomiting, and several
    Infections. After all this I have a beautiful healthy baby boy from 12 1/2 hours of labor resulting in an emergency c-section. Brayden was born at 10:36 on Aug 14th. He is 6 months old now and doing wonderfully. I graduated with my bachelors degree in psychology and am about to finish my second year of my masters in counseling. I had to tale a lot of time off while I was pregnant, but im back in full swing in three weeks. The best news
    For the month is that my son is doing great and I am finally after 6 years getting health insurance tomorrow. Which is perfect timing bc my lupus is back in full swing. Hair loss, joint pain, muscle pain, fever, fatigue, and this time my body decided to throw in constant nausea, kidney involvement and extremely high blood pressure. Im supposed to go to the dr next wed for a physical, but I have to have the insurance for 30days before I can be treated for my lupus, so march 18th ois the day I must get to. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my seizures, confusion and general fogginess in my head. Go figure i'd forget that. Well, im hoping to stay away from steroids for several reasons, so what other treatment options would you all recommend. Plaquenil doesn't work for me.

Also, im 24 and was diagnosed 6, almost 7 years ago with ale. I also have ra, fibromyalgia, raynauds, and epilepsy. Right now im not on any medications, and please forgive all the gaps and misspelled words, im typing this on my phone. It feels so great to be back here. Can't wait to get to know everyone!

God bless,
    Amanda

Thanks

Hi Amanda,
    Oh, I'm so glad to hear from you again!! I was wondering about how you did with your baby! I'm so glad to know that Brayden is happy, healthy and growing.
    It's also great news that you are doing so well with your education - good for you!
    It's good that you are getting insurance to get your flare under control. You are going to need energy when Brayden becomes a toddler!
    I wonder if MTX will work for you? Several of us take it along with Plaquenil, and it does help with the nergy and other symptoms.
    Good luck to you, sweetie, and welcome back! Keep us informed and upload a pic of that sweet baby once you get that computer!
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Welcome back Amanda! I am so glad that the baby is doing well because I know that is the most important thing. I am also proud of you for getting your education! That is a wonderful accomplishment. We are so glad to have you bad with us! I will keep my fingers crossed that you make it ok until March 18!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks guys. Its so great to be back to a world of people who understand what im going through. Im very blessed to have a sympathetic husband who helps me as much as he can, but there's nothing quite like talking to people who are actually in your shoes!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adl011 View Post
    Hey guys,

Im not sure if you guys remember me. Im Amanda Hollins. I was a member a while back, but my computer crashed. We haven't been able to get a new one yet, but im supposed to get one next month.

Lots of things have happened in my life while I was away. I went into a really bad flare back in dec '08. I lost all my hair, could barely walk, almost constant pain, among other things, but I saw a go and got put on plaquenil and prednisone and amitryptiline for my seizures. I was on 80mg of prednisone for 8 months with no relief. I had gained over 100lbs and felt awful. Then, miraculously in oct '09, I went into full remission. Got off all medication, and got pregnant in dec '09. T pregnancy was very difficult. I was on bedrest from 12 weeks until I had my son at 35 weeks. I had pre-eclampsia, gestational dibetes, separated hips (forgot the name of it) sciatica 16 weeks of all day vomiting, and several
    Infections. After all this I have a beautiful healthy baby boy from 12 1/2 hours of labor resulting in an emergency c-section. Brayden was born at 10:36 on Aug 14th. He is 6 months old now and doing wonderfully. I graduated with my bachelors degree in psychology and am about to finish my second year of my masters in counseling. I had to tale a lot of time off while I was pregnant, but im back in full swing in three weeks. The best news
    For the month is that my son is doing great and I am finally after 6 years getting health insurance tomorrow. Which is perfect timing bc my lupus is back in full swing. Hair loss, joint pain, muscle pain, fever, fatigue, and this time my body decided to throw in constant nausea, kidney involvement and extremely high blood pressure. Im supposed to go to the dr next wed for a physical, but I have to have the insurance for 30days before I can be treated for my lupus, so march 18th ois the day I must get to. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my seizures, confusion and general fogginess in my head. Go figure i'd forget that. Well, im hoping to stay away from steroids for several reasons, so what other treatment options would you all recommend. Plaquenil doesn't work for me.

Also, im 24 and was diagnosed 6, almost 7 years ago with ale. I also have ra, fibromyalgia, raynauds, and epilepsy. Right now im not on any medications, and please forgive all the gaps and misspelled words, im typing this on my phone. It feels so great to be back here. Can't wait to get to know everyone!

God bless,
    Amanda
    Hello Amanda,
    I remember you coming on and telling we your story about how you was and having your child plus wanting to apply for insurance, glad you've got that mate.
    Sorry to hear you've got seizures like myself and i've been just put on plaquenil after2 years of waiting and my heads terrible at the mo going to do stuff and never succeed now that is annoying.
    I do hope all goes well when you do see your doctor and lovely to see you back on the site.

Thinking of you dearly mate and i hope what your suffering with eases some days as it can be a living nightmare at times lol.xxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Terri, thanks for the well wishes. Im sorry to hear you have seizures too. They can be scary, painful and embarrassin all at the same time. I look forward to talking with you more.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Back Amanda:
    I am sorry to hear that you have had to deal with so many health issues while you were away. However, I am so happy to hear that you have a healthy baby boy AND that you are finally getting insurance.
    It is so good to have you back and please let us know how your appointment goes. I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adl011 View Post
    Terri, thanks for the well wishes. Im sorry to hear you have seizures too. They can be scary, painful and embarrassin all at the same time. I look forward to talking with you more.
    Hello Amanda,
    I've got two lots of seizure's but the one lot started when i was 14yrs old i was doing things which i did'nt know about and it was making me go into autissume states and when i was 18yrs bang i had grandmal epilepsey and Temporal-lobe epilepsey that's the one where you don't know what your doing it makes you lose you memory and alot more, there's 135 different types of different fits and that's the number one rarest but after 25yrs i never think of the fits if they happen they happen and i take whatever consequences they leave me with besides having todds-paralasis from 2 bad strokes.
    At the moment it's the lupus and everything else i'm finding hard to deal with and to think the seizure's and loads more i've gone through was combined off the lupus and never knowed about it until diagnosed and then i was told i was born with it, very nice at the end of the day.

Same here mate refering getting to know you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey welcome back mummy and congratulations woohoo!! Wow a new baby and education amazing work!!Well done!!

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Oliver For This Useful Post:

adl011 (02-27-2011)

Thanks

Hello Amanda,
    How are you mate with everything and hows your seizure's at the mo??

Terri xxx