Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the world of M Day

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Welcome to the world of M Day

Well, the rheumy and I had a talk today. It seems the plaquenil needs some assistance so that I can stay off prednizone. so I now am going to start taking Methotrexate.

Any and all advice is greatfully welcome. I'm not sure how to approach this and have a few days before I start.

nonna

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh Nonna I am sorry. Hopefully this will do the trick though and make you feel like a new woman! Please let us know how it goes!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nonna,

Terribly sorry sweetie! Are you going to be taking the pills or doing the injections? Everyone that I've talked to on here that does the injections swears that they have less side effects from it than w/the pills. I really wish I could handle doing that, but I can't. For me, the first week wasn't too bad, then week 2 through about 4 I had extreme fatigue, aches/pains/nausea, etc then it kinda subsides - of course anytime there is an increase in the dosage it repeats. Hope it goes good for you! ((Hugs))
    Lauren

4. The Following User Says Thank You to red246 For This Useful Post:

Nonna (02-17-2011)

Thanks

Hi Nonna,
    Yes, welcome to M Days! Everyone is different, but I found the pill form to be impossible. My stomach just rejected them. The injections bypass the digestive system and work much better for me. The shots aren't bad. My hubby doesn't mind doing it for me. Since it's best to inject into fatty tissue, and I sit on my fattest part, he gives me a shot in the butt every week.

As to the day, as you've read on the M Day thread, we're all different on that, too. I tend to be nauseous for about 16 - 18 hours after my injection. I take it around 8 pm on Sunday evening, then relax with some tea and dark chocolate. The MTX gives me a metallic taste in my mouth, and the chocolate helps with that. With this timing, I sleep through the worst of the nausea. The next morning, I usually still feel a bit queasy, so I make a bowl of Cream 'O Wheat or hot rice. I eat lightly at lunch, and then feel normal by 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

Make sure that your doc keeps a check on your liver function. Debbie has a thread about that, and she had to stop taking it because of it.
    Good luck to you with it. After you get used to it, it really isn't so bad. The extra energy that I have later in the week makes it worthwhile.
    Hugs,
    Marla

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Nonna (02-17-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just took the pills, wish me luck

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Best of lucky & (((hugs)))!!
    Lauren

Thanks

I hope it works well for you. Please let us know how you get along.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's 1:30AM my time, I'm having one of my usual awake periods. Very dizzy, slight nausea, but the could be because I only had soup abd crackers for dinner. I'm the nausea queen 90% of my life has been nauseous. Marla's suggestion of the chocolate has helped. Everytime I awake up I've eaten a piece and the sugar had helped. I know everyone's different so I just have to see what the morning holds.

Hugs to all

Thanks

Thinking of you, Nonna.........
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

not very nauseated, but dizzy!!!!!! I seem to be surviving; not as bad as I expected. But the day isn't over yet.