Thread: i am not new but is my first post

Thanks

Default i am not new but is my first post

hi all

i have not posted as i have not been able to log in. anyway i will introduce myself. i am 46 married nearly 26 years. i have two adult kids adam 25 and sarah 21. i was dx with lupus about 10 years ago. i have had it alot longer looking back, which would explian quite a few things. i have sle . i am in a flare at the moment and got a slipped disc lower back.not working at the moment i have also had ibs. my mum is in hospital after falling and braking her hip. this was after a triple heart bypass. its all been going on. i am not on any meds for lupus but i am on diflofenac for arthritis. i will finish now . if anyone one wants to reply i will be happy to discuss what having lupus is like and enything else. bye for now .take care all sue

Thanks

Welcome lupielady!

Glad you've joined in the posting, and hope you'll continue to contribute. Your experience will certainly be valuable, each of us has walked a somewhat different road to reach where we are today.

It amazes me how even those of us who felt we were diagnosed fairly quickly will say how long we REALLY think we had the condition - while my doc was pretty quick at pinpointing what was causing me to be in such pain, I'd suffered fatigue and pain in lesser degrees (mostly) for years. We need better awareness so that docs will THINK and do the right tests.

Hugs and welcome!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sue
    Welcome to our forum. Yes, almost all of us can look back and say that we suffered from Lupus symptoms for years before we were diagnosed!
    I am sorry to hear about your mother's fall after having heart bypass surgery. I hope that she is doing better now!!
    I, too, suffer from SLE, IBS, FMS, Raynauds and Lupus migraines. It is quite unfortunate that we all seem to have to suffer with Lupus and so many other illnesses that tag along ops:
    You will find that everyone here is understanding, informative and most generous. We are happy to have you as a part of our group and hope that you find comfort and understanding here!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie