Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been "fired" by there healthcare provider for being "too" sick???

Thanks

Angry Anyone been "fired" by there healthcare provider for being "too" sick???

Just got back from an appointment with my nurse practitioner who just fired me! Her excuse is that I'm to sick for her scope of practice (which I believe), however my issue is that right now I'm just getting over an acute adrenal crisis and have undiagnosed fainting spells that have resulted in me having 8 stitches to my face twice, the last of which just happened Monday. My Rheumy is in a major city (we live in a rural area lacking family doctors) so I'm in deperate need of someone to coordinate everything where I live. This is a huge blow to me and my husband (it has taken me a long time to find the right healthcare team). We are not sure what to do as I'm still on IV drugs and still feeling sick. Just venting!! I'm really angry, I feel as though I have been kicked when I'm down!!
    Last edited by Colleenc; 02-10-2011 at 12:05 PM.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

LOL I had an experience something like this. A GP once told me (after sorting through my files) that this was "above her head". All I wanted was for her to be the central place to put it all together but she gave up!

So sorry you are going through all of this! It will get better
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

So sorry Colleenc. Health care system really sucks!!!! Hopefully you'll find a wonderful doctor soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow! i am shocked to hear that this medical professional could be so unprofessionally cold and crass and just dump your case without even an offer to treat you until you are able to find another medical provider.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Colleen,

I can't believe that they would just dump you like that. If you see that practitioner again, tell this person that I think they are an Assh**e with a capital A. Frigging unbelievable.

Rob

Thanks

Well she said she would help us find a family doc (however I don't really believe that). My anger is around the fact that I'm very ill right now and have been dumped off (I don't even know who is doing the reqs etc... for my blood work the rhuemy wants twice a week from homecare that was supposed to be done today). I would have been able to accept this if I was feeling a little better, because I do believe that I am to sick for her to handle but to just say I'm done and leave me stranded is unforgivable!

Thanks

Oh don't worry my hubby and I sent a very carefully yet to the point e-mail to her this am. The unfortunate thing is, is that she had become like a part of our family and we think she has been forced into this. But for anyone to just leave someone in the shape I'm in right now is just not right!

Thanks

Oh Colleen, I am so sorry. I was just writing to you on another thread about my NP before I read this. It must be so disappointing and hurtful too-especially since you seem to have trusted her (if she was like family..)It will get better though, and you will find someone else. Take it easy, and do something special that will make you feel good...bubble bath, rent a movie, buy a new book, get your husband to bake some chocolate chip cookies!!!!

wendy

Thanks

Thanks...

I just wrote on your other thread!! LOL

I did bake chocolate chip cookies and a loaf of bread!

I think I need to go back to work or my family is going to get way to used to this!!!

Thanks

UPdate on the "firing" thingy!! My Rheumy got in contact with my NP and told her how unimpressed she was with her. To make a long story short, legally she can't just let me go. So she is keeping me until she finds someone else. She has totally backed tracked and said she did not fire me (I think for fear of legal issues). she said there is a grey area and it wasn't clear to us what she had intended to do. It was very clear to us what she was wanting to do. She said it straight up. But know she does not want to admit it. Oh well I looking at it like it will be a good change and maybe a new doc on the scene may help me improve my health!