Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about Hypoglycemia about UTI

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question question about Hypoglycemia about UTI

i do have Hypoglycemia! can lupus cause this?? My sugar started dropping about 3 years ago. and i was wondering if i do have lupus can this be another symptom that i have?? and i also get Uti quite often can this be from lupus also???if so it would explain so much to me..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sorry if you have told me this in the past but do you have a thyroid issue? There is a direct link between hypothryoid and hypoglycemia. And how do you know your levels are low? Was there blood work done that showed this? Is this something the doctor is aware of?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I've never been diagnosed with it, but my hubby swears that I'm hypoglycemic. If I don't eat something very soon after I get up, I get very shaky. He can forget a meal and never notice it, especially when we're traveling. He's had to learn to stop on a regular basis for me to eat something healthy, or I get shaky. If I wait too long to eat, I start getting sick and get a headache.

I've had frequent UTIs all of my life. I've slowed them down a lot by taking a cranberry supplement every day, without fail.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i have had my thyroid checked and never a problem with it.. and i have to check my sugar at home.. it started about 3 years ago. it drops to the 30' and 40's .. i have to try to eat something every few hours... the Dr's all know i have problems with my sugar.. so for now all i can do is check it and eat when its low....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

HypogLycemia is caused by an overactive pancreas. It generates too much insulin. Irregularities with the glands seem to be part of the autoimmune diseases. I personally have already lost several glands to auto immune disease. However, I am just an example and am not a hard fact. You're best bet is to discuss this with an endocrenologist. I see one. You should definitely find one now; before things get worse.

Nonna
    no thyroid, no parathyroids, no ovaries

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Always remember... Lupus can attack anything so there is nothing firm and fast about "is it lupus". I agree with Nonna... time to see a doc!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I personally have never had any uti problems however like you marla I also have to eat on somewhat of a regular basis, otherwise I go downhill very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    I've never been diagnosed with it, but my hubby swears that I'm hypoglycemic. If I don't eat something very soon after I get up, I get very shaky. He can forget a meal and never notice it, especially when we're traveling. He's had to learn to stop on a regular basis for me to eat something healthy, or I get shaky. If I wait too long to eat, I start getting sick and get a headache.

I've had frequent UTIs all of my life. I've slowed them down a lot by taking a cranberry supplement every day, without fail.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Don't panic at what I am about to say but seriously pick up the phone and call your doctor right now and tell the nurse you are having a blood sugar emergency and need to come in to get checked out immediately. what you are saying sounds like it could be symptoms of uncontrolled or undiagnosed type 2 diabetes and you need to call the dr immediately. some other signs and symptoms you may have if it is diabetes are extreme thirst, extreme urge to urinate, fatigue and malise. when is the last time they checked your blood glucose? Uncontrolled diabetics are very prone to hypoglycemia as well since the body isn't able to functionally regulate insulin. Certain medications also cause medically induced hypoglycemia. I am diabetic and ironically the diabetes medicine causes it in me b/c I am well controlled at the moment. Please, call today because aside from diabetes and thyroid issue hypoglycemia is also a sign of kidney disfunction. Normal range for blood sugar readings are between 70-100 fasting and 70-145 2 hours after eating. 30's and 40's are an indication that something is not right. Seriously speaking as a diabetic if I were that low I would be calling 911 for an ambulance b/c I would know something was wrong with my kidneys, pancreas, heart or thyroid. And please let us know what you do/what happens. Blood sugar levels must be stable for your system to function properly so please understand I am very concerned about you at the moment.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i do go to a diabetic doctor.. and they have been testing me for a lot of stuff. but when i went to her last we didn't know that i might have lupus. so I'm going to call her back and make a new appt.. i just found out about lupus in Nov.. so I'm still learning alot.. i went to my rheumy last night. and he now thinks i have lupus. so he sent me today for more blood work and i have to get an echo done on Monday.. i guess having the pericaditis and along with everything else is starting to look like lupus.. so time will tell. thank you everyone..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Is your diabetes doctor an endocrenologist? She/he needs to know to see the whole picture. Mine is constantly checking me for everything.

Glad you're seeing a diabetes doc

hugs nonna