Thread: WHAT F()$ else????

Thanks

Thumbs down WHAT F()$ else????

So my GI just called, and yup he confirmed our suspicion I have gastro parecis ARGH, like I'm so mad right now, for once just once I expect one of my freaking doctors to call with some good news but noooo everything that can come along with this stupid desease seems to be happening. Oh but thats not the worse of it, the worst of it is the stupid medication that they use to treat it and all the side affects that come with it, I tell you with all my luck they probably will affect me too!

I jsut called hubby at work, sobbing. He's very sweet and understanding and he suggested this group. He also knows how helpful you all have been and how much we can all relate to each other.
    Im so afraid that this will lead to other organs being attacked and eventually kidney failure oh I know deep down I shouldn't worry about that but with everything that has happened in so little time I just can't help myself.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh I am so sorry to hear that you received bad new today! I know how hard it is when it feels like every time you turn around there is something new popping up. The good new is that now the meds can start working to get it under control. I know it is difficult but try not to worry about could happen. As most here know my mom always said "don't borrow trouble". It means don't worry about problems that are not even problems yet. We have enough things to worry about with adding more on top of it! Cry and yell all you want about what is wrong now but adding "maybe's" on top will only drive you nuts!

Hugs to you. Wish I could do more
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari is right, don't borrow trouble. We can't control the situations we find ourselves in; can you possibly imagine what it's like having all this happen to you and not knowing the reason why??? It's not fun. At least knowing the reason makes us somewhat calmer. We can't control the situation we are in; but at least we have each other to comfort and share our pain. I sometimes think we are all following in Job's footsteps. God has his plans for us, we just have to have patience.

Hugs
    Nonna

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (02-09-2011)

Thanks

Linda,
    Thinking of you.... It's a real bummer how these AI diseases can affect our lives. Just concentrate on bringing things under control - then hopefully your other systems won't be affected.
    Hugs,
    Marla

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (02-09-2011)

Thanks

Mari your mom is a smart lady : ) she's right. After sleeping on it, crying and yelling a bit lol I feel a bit better. I've decided for now not to take the meds they have too many side affects that arent worth it to me. For now I'm eating ok, I can deal with the pain for a while and see where this leads. I have a follow up with my GI dr on the 15th. I'll let you guys know how it goes, THANKS a billion for letting me kick scream and cry!

Thanks

Thanks nonna you're right we do have to practice patience, I'm working on that ; )

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Linda,

I was ready to go postal when I learned that I not only had Lupus, but then was also diagnosed with MS on top of it. It's not one or the other, it's both. WTF? Then there's the Trigeminal Neuralgia...

This crap really does get frakking old after a while. I know how you feel.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 02-09-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks

Linda,

All I can do is to tell you, that I understand.
    I too have several of these mean diseases and when I was put on MTX, I was hoping I could someday feel almost normal again, less pain, less flares and so on.
    Now I found out, that the MTX really did a number on my liver and I had to stop taking it.
    If it's not one thing, it's another.
    I was really worried about my liver too and imagined the worst, like liver failure, but I calmed myself down.
    We have to deal with things, when they are here, but not before.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).