Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No pity party allowed!!?!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy No pity party allowed!!?!!

Here I am trying my best not to get down on myself. I'm so tired of being tired, of being in pain.......
    I just can't seem to make a decision as to which Doctor to see. My muscles are spasming, but which disease is causing it. Hypocalcemia is the Endo; is it the Parkinson's......... That's the Neuro. The weather is aggravating the spasms and making my joints hurt and pop.... Pop..... Pop.....

So here I am trying my best not to be depressed. My good knee now is giving me problems. So do I go back to the orthopedic guy. They all tell me to lose weight. How the blankity blank can I do that when I can't exercise and I'm on pred.

The pity party has started , so I need to stop. I think of the advice I give, of the words of comfort and I think......... What the HEY!!
    Sorry guy I guess it was my turn to vent, rant and more of all RAVE

Toni

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am learning that we have the right sometimes to feel a little sorry for our selfs. And who would not get tired of all the docs. we see I know I sure do. So go ahead and have the pity party and I will be there to join right in. Then another day will roll around and we wil be just fine. Take Care Cause I Care
    Michele

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovehubby For This Useful Post:

Nonna (02-07-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Well said Michele! Toni, she is right. Sometimes a good ol' pity party and a cry releases all the junk we have inside and makes us feel 10X better! You are so wonderful about helping everyone here it is about time you gave yourself a chance to just b**** (I didn't say it Rob!) LOL

We are all here for ya so just let it out!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Nonna (02-07-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Well said Michele! Toni, she is right. Sometimes a good ol' pity party and a cry releases all the junk we have inside and makes us feel 10X better! You are so wonderful about helping everyone here it is about time you gave yourself a chance to just b**** (I didn't say it Rob!) LOL

We are all here for ya so just let it out!
    What do you think my blankity blank is for, I don't want to get in trouble for LANGUAGE. TeeHee sometimes you just got to say it. Hey Rob, would we get in trouble if we used battlstar galectica words?????

LOL
    Toni

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hey toni! you're going to have to send me those galactica words cuz i don't know what they are! would they be okay to substitute w/my kids? cuz they're figuring out my "substitute words" now! LOL I agree w/everyone above! Sometimes you have to just let it all out: scream, cry, rant, rave & even throw some dishes if you have to! Makes you feel so much better! (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Thanks

Pity parties are good for the soul.
    So my dear, just party away.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    What do you think my blankity blank is for, I don't want to get in trouble for LANGUAGE. TeeHee sometimes you just got to say it. Hey Rob, would we get in trouble if we used battlstar galectica words?????

LOL
    Toni
    Frak yeah,

You can use any frakking Battlestar Galactica cussword you want. Just don't use the real f word othewise we'll have to have tgal send you to the frakking brig... ( smiley face)

OK, all Sci-Fi humor aside, I think if you are having muscle spasms Toni, you should probably talk to your neurologist about it first. Usually muscle spasms and twitches are caused by some nerve misfiring. There's a word for this but I can't remember it right now. About the weight issue- I've known plenty of people with knee problems who are at or below their recommended target weight for their age and stature, so I think the weight thing is more or less a cop-out care providers use when they don't know what else to tell a patient. I mean, sure, we should all strive to stay as healthy as possible, and that includes watching our weight. But if a person is experiencing fatigue from Lupus, or is on certain meds like prednisone, it can be very difficult or damn near impossible to lose weight.

As for pity parties, it's not really a pity party if you really do have a legitimate problem. I think Lupus counts as a legitimate problem!

Rob

ETA-Over in the Star Wars universe, they have these big animals called Banthas. And Bantha poop is called Pudu. So the term Bantha Pudu is often used by sci-fi geeks such as myself as a substitute for the word Bulls**t. And, you can combine words. Like if some rheumy tells you it's all in your head, just say "That's Frakkking Bantha Pudu!"
    Last edited by rob; 02-08-2011 at 06:28 AM.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by red246 View Post
    hey toni! you're going to have to send me those galactica words cuz i don't know what they are! would they be okay to substitute w/my kids? cuz they're figuring out my "substitute words" now! LOL I agree w/everyone above! Sometimes you have to just let it all out: scream, cry, rant, rave & even throw some dishes if you have to! Makes you feel so much better! (((HUGS)))
    For the uninitiated, here is a short tutorial on the use of the wonderful four letter Battlestar Galactica word "Frak"-

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_771105&v =r7KcpgQKo2I

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob
    Frakking is my favorite. But Frakkin' Bantha Pudu is fantastic.
    Oh my fellow sci fi buddy you're the best.

And from the Star Trek universe - may the universe's peace and tranquillity reign in your life

Thanks

We used to use a number code at work, something like "Hey Mike! The boss called, needs you right away pronto!" Mike: "Well tell him 9-6-1-2! I'll go see him as soon as I get done with the 12-63!" 'Course, it only lasted until supervision found the code sheet... "Frakkin' Bantha Pudu" is def more "portable", and loses nothing in the translation...
    Last edited by jmail; 02-08-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Where is that confounded "any" key?