Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about your eyes

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question question about your eyes

i cant really explain it but my eyes don't seem right. at times they get a little blurry and i can see floaters. i guess that what you would call them I'm not really sure. is this also part of lupus??

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Tracy,

I wish there was an easy answer to "is this part of Lupus" but since Lupus can attack any part of the body almost anything can be a part of Lupus. My first question to you is... Are you on Plaquinil? If so then you need to go have a plaquinil eye exam at an ophthalmologist. Many of us have eye issues but you need to rule out the plaquinil causing it before anything else.

Hope this helps!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

hi tracey yes i get blurred vision and floaters but i agree with mari i am on plaquenil so i need regular eye tests it also could be your lupus we suffer so many different things with lupus have a eyetest first then consult doctor hugs kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tracey - I'm not on plaquenil but my eyes have just gone to hec in a hand basket. My vision has diminished significantly, I get the floaters (freaked me out when they first started) and they are SO dry! This is my week to get to the eye doctor. I never had to wear glasses around the house but I found an old pair and have been wearing them nonstop. I don't know if it's related to Lupus but the timing is right in my case.

Let me know what your doctor says and I'll do the same!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tracey
    my vision is bad due to floaters also (that is the correct term). I started a thread about this a while back. It's in the symptoms section. There is an explaination about floaters and there cause. But I do agree with Mari, see your eye doctor asap if you are on plaquinel. I've had to start going every 4-6 months instead of once a year. Tell him/her about all your meds as they do effect your vision, tell them your complete med history as there could be a correlation. Any doctor needs a clear picture in order to treat his patient.

Hugs,
    nonna

Thanks

I also have floaters,but I have them all the time, they don't come and go. They are only in my right eye.
    But for a while now I have blurred vision in my left eye, but it is off and on, several times a day.
    I actually have a eye doctor appointment at 11am this morning.
    Maybe I can have an answer for you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks everyone.. i went o the eye Dr last month and yes I'm on Plaquenil.. they did all the testing. he did say i was color blind and i never knew that. i started the Plaquenil in December. so I'm not sure if its from the Plaquenil. Its about three months now that i started the meds and i now get floaters and a little blurred vision.. i go to the rheumy tomorrow ill talk to him about it.. thanks for all the info.. let you all know what he says tomorrow...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyl50 View Post
    thanks everyone.. i went o the eye Dr last month and yes I'm on Plaquenil.. they did all the testing. he did say i was color blind and i never knew that. i started the Plaquenil in December. so I'm not sure if its from the Plaquenil. Its about three months now that i started the meds and i now get floaters and a little blurred vision.. i go to the rheumy tomorrow ill talk to him about it.. thanks for all the info.. let you all know what he says tomorrow...
    If you didn't have the floaters when you went to the dr or if he didn't know about you should call again. There are alot of eye complications from AI diseases and as Mari and Nonna said floaters can be a symptom of that.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I agree. If all of this has happened in a month then you really need to see a doc. One other thing I want to point out is that you can't just go to an optometrist where you get your glasses. There is a special test that is done for people on plaq. and the ophthalmologist has to know you are on it so the test can be done. Let us know what happens. My thoughts are with you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i did go to a ophthalmologist .. and i told them I'm on it.. i go to my rheumy tomorrow and see what he says. and if he wants me to go back i will. I'm just so tired of going to Dr all the time.. ill let you all know what he says.. thanks