Thread: New possible diagnosis of discoid lupus

Thanks

Default New possible diagnosis of discoid lupus

Hi! I went to see an allergist today about this skin rash that I have had since july, and he is referring me to a dermatologist for a biopsy to confirm his guess of discoid lupus. I have been reading some on the web and the symptoms do seem to be what I have. My question is for anyone who also has this-does sweat seem to aggravate the rash? Also, are night sweats a symptom of SLE? I have been having them on and off for a few months, about the same time that the rash came up. I have been on prednisone for two weeks, which seemed to help the rash when I was on 40 mg a day, but now that I am on 20 mg, the rash is getting worse (especially after going for a long run outside on sunday-didn't know about DLE yet, so no sunscreen or long sleeves.) Does anyone take prednisone for DLE? What works for others? I love to run outside, but I guess I am going to have to change that. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Hmmmm not sure about DLE (as in what the other symptoms are, like do you have pain?) but if you have no pain, etc you might could still do your runs as long as you cover up. Put on lots of sunscreen, long sleeves (the wicking material would probably still keep you cool?) and a hat. As for night sweats, I don't really get those but I also don't sweat at all. I have come close to a heat stroke many times because my body doesn't cool itself down naturally. That has just come up in the last year or so and just make sure I don't get too hot.
    Hopefully someone else will have some answers for you about the DLE. I do know that if you have a rash the sun is NOT going to help it go away.

Thanks

Default DLE

I have DLE, diagnoised 2 years ago by skin biopsy.
    My Medications are simply : Hydroxychloroquine 1 pill 2x daily. Which is mainly for the lupus itself it does help with the lesions from the DLE. I still on occasion get them but not as much. Plus a anti inflammatory Tolmetin Sodium and Pain Meds. Darvocet.

As far as the sun, get the strongest suncreen there is..SPF 30 or 60.
    I dont wear long sleave shirts or cover up, but I do try to hide from the sun when its the strongest. Everyone is different so I cant really comment if this will help. And as far as the Predisone no, I am not on it, or has it been suggested.

If u have more questions about DLE email me, will be glad to answer or help If possible.

Marleenrickard@aol.com
    I Have It....And I Will Provide Answers!