Thread: Crazy

Thanks

Default Crazy

So, I keep getting this crazy cough. The first time, I am told that I have bronchitis. This time I am told it is an URI (Upper Respiratory Infection). So, the doctor gives me some med that makes my heart go out of wack. I have A-Fib and anything I take either makes my heart go out of whack or it makes sick to my stomach. My thing is this: what can I take that will not make my heart go whacky or make me sick to my stomach. I have been coughing for two weeks now and I am tired of it. Over the counter stuff does not work. Prescriptions either make me sick or don't work. My face is a horrible wreck with these breakouts. I have lumps on my legs and bad pain in my left hip, not to mention the bones rolling around in my right knee. UGH. The only thing keeping me going is my faith in GOD. Otherwise, IDK
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You're not crazy, try asking your doctor for an antibiotic. I have chronic problems in that area. It usually takes me 2-3 round to kick the infection; thwn the cough hangs around for 6 months. Just make sure the med he gives you is omething that's safe for you. Keep a journal of drugs you should not take as you react badly to them.

Matthew 11:28-30

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh you are not crazy,i feel and know what its like coughing all the time,as ive had a bad cough,chest infection,asthma n pleurisy in that order since November.I was given 2 lots of antibioics and steriods and waiting for a lupus dx,but i'll wait n see for that one.I also use a nebuliser which helps me breath much better.I also have had th dodgy heart beats for a long time,and i wore the eheart monitor at christmas.It always comes back normal,yet my heart is beating like a drum roll or feels like i stopped breathing when i am asleep,so who knows.Like Nonna said ask the doc for antibiotics,im amazed you have not been put on them already with steriods.
    Hang in there and rest.Its exhausting after a few days of coughing,so suck some honey n lemon drops or something until the doctor helps you more.
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thank you Nonna. Unfortunately, I am allergic to soooooooooooooo many drugs. I will do what you suggested though. Thank you again.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are not crazy. I am very prone to URIs and have chronic sinusitis as a result of the Sarcoidosis. This is a good link to describe URIs and some treatments with you. Personally, I find that when I keep up with nasal saline solution + nasal allergy meds I have far less URI's. I'm talking 5 or 6 a year versus 15 or more a year. I also find that a nasal lavage (Neti Pot) helps my symptoms too. I try to Neti at least 3 times a week, but not in super dry weather as that seems to bring on nose bleeds for me. A lot of URI coughing is due to post nasal drip (as opposed to LRI) so these ideas might help you. Like Nonna, if I let the infection run it's course with no intervention it'll last me a minimun or 2 weeks. If you go to a chiropractor, you should also let them know about your URI so they can adjust you. I am now at the point where if I feel one coming on and go to the chiro that day I can usually avoid it entirely. If I wait a day or two it is still a minor infection instead of a full blown sick and I am usually better within 5 days. I hope this all helps and you feel better soon.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_r...ract_infection
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.