Thread: question about Sensitivity to Light

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question question about Sensitivity to Light

when they say Sensitivity to Light, what are the symptoms?? what are they talking abou?. i know for me if I'm out to long i get really tired. is that one of the symptoms of Sensitivity to Light?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Tracey,

Many of us have issues with sunlight or florescent lighting. As with other things each of us handle it differently but one of the common issues is fatigue. We actually have a sticky all about it and I will post the link below.

My own reaction has been getting worse over time. I can tell within 5 min. if I don't have my sunscreen on and am not covered in while in the store. Early on it was simply fatigue and then I would get rashes. Now when I walk into a store if I am not covered my skin will start itching and then my skin feels like it is on fire. If I spend too much time in the sun the fatigue will be so bad I will in a flare for several days after. When I was working a lot of things had to be done in order to try and shield me from the lighting.

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...IVITY-in-LUPUS

Hope this helps
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Tracyl50 (02-04-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

If I spend as little as 15 minutes in the summer sun with no sunblock, not only will I get burned, but I will also develop symptoms that feel like having a bad case of the flu. I get a fever over 100 f, and fatigue that is overwhelming. This happens within about an hour, and usually will end up triggering a flare from hell with all the wonderful things like mouth sores and terrible joint pain. It sucks big time. Needless to say, good quality sun block, a decent hat, and a light long sleeved shirt are a must. Treat those items like an American Express card-Don't leave home without them.

Rob

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Tracyl50 (02-04-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get exhaustion, rashes, more pronounced face rash, and joint aches. So far I seem to be sensative to just the sun and not to indoor lighting, although indoor lighting will bother my eyes if it is too bright or if it is flourescent.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

Tracyl50 (02-04-2011)