Thread: Teaching Pharmacy Students

Thanks

Default Teaching Pharmacy Students

Dear We Have Lupus Members,

I am a pharmacist and Assistant Professor at the Wingate University School of Pharmacy. Next semester we will be offering our electronic patient program to our doctoral pharmacy students. This program involves pairing up a pharmacy student with a real patient. Students and their patients communicate once weekly over the course of the semester on a variety of healthcare-related topics. We would love to have you share your medical, medicine, and healthcare experiences with one of our doctoral pharmacy students to help them learn from real patients. This will be the third year that we have offered the program. Our students have found this course to be extremely useful and helpful to learn about medicine outside of a textbook. As a bonus, students are happy to provide you with drug information. You are only asked to share information that you are comfortable with. We donít require you to give any identifying information. Only the instructor (me) and a student will have access to your e-mail address. Feel free to check out the authenticity of the school, course and me at pharmacy.wingate.edu. If you are interested in the program or would like more information please contact me at cdolder@wingate.edu. Sincerely, Christian

Thanks

What a fabulous concept!

I'd be interested, but am no where in the vicinity of your school. Is that a requirement, or can the process be by e-mail only?

Thanks

Default Teaching Pharmacy Students

Glad to hear that you are interested in our program. The entire course is conducted via e-mail so your vicinity to the school is not a problem. Feel free to e-mail me and I will provide you with more information on the course. Sincerely, Christian
    cdolder@wingate.edu

Thanks

You have mail!

Since this is all by e-mail, I hope some of the others on the board will join in as well.

I work at a university, and I have many other students in my office each semester - learning about my job so that they can be more prepared when they go out into the world. It is vital to get real world expereince, probably even more vital for pharmacy and other clinical students.

So....join up people!