Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legit Question

Thanks

Default Legit Question

Okay, I personally do not partake of any drugs, but i was wonder if anyone knows any information on medical marijuana and lupus, a lot of people have been asking me, since i live in AZ and it just became legal here. It's not my thing, but information never hurt anyone right?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

A friend with weed is a friend indeed!

Seriously, it's not my thing either, but I do know two people, one with SLE, and one with MS, who both use medical marijuana. Both of them say that it helps them tremendously with Neuropathy/CNS related pain.

Rob

Thanks

I agree with Rob, a friend with weed is a friend indeed!

I have SLE and I have used it when I've had a bad flare--I find it works great! It takes away feelings of nausea and calms all my muscle pain and helps me sleep. Marijuana has been given a bad wrap because it is illegal in so many countries--including mine-Canada. But really, people need to get over the stereotypes and see that it is a drug that can help so many sick people without the side effects of the "legal" drugs prescribed to us. I'm glad to see that many doctors (in BC at least) are coming around to this same conclusion and are helping patients get the medical marijuana. It just seems like a no-brainer to me, helps so many symptoms with little to no side effects.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It gives me such a huge headache and makes me feel really weird, so although it would probably help me too, I don't think I want to get a perscription for it.

Psst CanadianGal, where in BC are you?
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi vannamazing,

thanks for a chuckle while i struggle with yet another migraine....i have not been a good member, because i have not been welcoming the new members, so welcome to whl.....

now, the reason that i chuckled, is that i have been a member (i forgot for how long), and this is absolutely the first time that i have seen anyone bring up medical marijuanna.....so, welcome, welcome, welcome...you are going to be a great member. sometimes we do just come along and have a little fun here, and it is a good thing when we make each other chuckle. keep up the good work.

medical marijuanna - well, i have never had a prescription, but i vote with rob and canadiangirl, a friend with weed, is a friend indeed.

Pain medication can be so destructive to our systems, and we all take many natural supplements/vitamins, etc to offset the effects of all of our medications, so what is the harm in natural pain herb. Also, I don't believe that the occassional "calming" effect of marijuanna is necessarily a bad thing. We live each day with pain and also all of the stress that accompanies the pain. We live with watching our bodies and our lives just deteriorate before our eyes. We watch our friends run because they don't know how to help us....and the list goes on....The occassional peace of mind and body from use of "medical" marijuanna can help the day be a little better.

So, A Friend with WEED, IS a Friend Indeed.

again, vannamazing, welcome to our "family of the sky"....i will be watching for another chuckle.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Funny Story....

When my mom had cancer someone told her that weed would help with the nausea from chemo and other things so this friend of the family brought her two joints. I get a phone call from mom asking me to come over while she smoked it because she knew I had when I was younger and didn't want to be by herself. So off I go to my moms and she lights up the joint and begins to smoke it like a cig. I say NOOOO Mom. You don't treat it like a cigarette. You inhale slightly, hold and release. So she did this about 3 times and put it out. 10 minutes later my mom begins to hold her head and swaying as she says "OMG what is this. OMG what have I done. Oh Lord if you just make this feeling go away I promise to never do this again!". Needless to say I am laughing by this point but terror is overtaking her. "get me to bed Mari. Just get me to bed!". So I help her out of her chair and up the steps. I hold her until we make it to the hospital bed that is now in her room and get her laid down. Once I know she is safe and comfortable I sit down beside her as she begins again praying "Oh Lord Jesus! I PROMISE to never try this again no matter how much they say it will help if you just let me live through this".

Needless to say she did live through the pot although the cancer final killed her. I have to admit it was the funniest thing I have ever seen and I am so glad that I was the one called to watch!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh, mari,

what a wonderful memory....funny memories are such a gift after we loose loved ones. My dear friend was taken by cancer, and she tried pot for nausea and pain...she called on me to help her too, but with a different outcome....she loved it, and offered a hit to all visitors.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I take narcotics for my pain. If I didn't, I would surely have killed myself by now. Believe me, I have given HUGE consideration to pot. My only concern is how to use it other than to smoke it. My lungs are shot and since I quite smoking nearly 8 years ago, I don't want to use it in that manner. It stays prominently in the back of my mind for the future. I just blew my syatic nerve two weeks ago and this pain is unbelievable so if I thought pot would help, I would certainly give it serious consideration. I didn't like it as a teen but I sure ain't a teen now! Percocet is essentially heroine (according to the discovery channel) so I guess I'm already in the deep end!

With all that I've been through in the past several months and all the difficult times my friends at WHL have been through, smoking a little dope to take the pain away and someway/somehow relax, I would fall in the supportive category!

Thanks

What a fun thread!
    Rob, I'm surprised that this is the first time that medical marijuana has been mentioned here at WHL. I've seen several threads about it at both the Sjogren's site and the AVN site.
    I've never tried it in my life, but I'm like the rest of you - I'm in so much pain with muscle spasms that I would like to give it a try. Here in Ca, there are places that sell it mixed in all kinds of food, including ice cream. My lungs could never take smoking anything, so I'd be tempted to try it in ice cream. I wish I was brave enough to try to get a prescription for it!
    I'm allergic to opioids and I can't take steroids, so I don't have many choices left.
    If we could all get together, it would be an interesting party, wouldn't it?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    What a fun thread!
    Rob, I'm surprised that this is the first time that medical marijuana has been mentioned here at WHL. I've seen several threads about it at both the Sjogren's site and the AVN site.
    I've never tried it in my life, but I'm like the rest of you - I'm in so much pain with muscle spasms that I would like to give it a try. Here in Ca, there are places that sell it mixed in all kinds of food, including ice cream. My lungs could never take smoking anything, so I'd be tempted to try it in ice cream. I wish I was brave enough to try to get a prescription for it!
    I'm allergic to opioids and I can't take steroids, so I don't have many choices left.
    If we could all get together, it would be an interesting party, wouldn't it?
    Hugs,
    Marla
    That'd be some party! We'd be standing around in a big circle holding spoons saying "hey man, pass the ice cream". Appropriate - spoonies holding spoons at a pain management party and all
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.