Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy new member

Hi I have had Lupus for awhile they think. But last summer bloodwork confirmed it. It is so hard for people to understand that we are sick even if we don't look sick. it sure is depressing.

Thanks

welcome whl michelefish it is hard for people to understand and i know this can be frustrating we have all been through this we are here for you to vent at anytime hugs kim l

Thanks

welcome to whl michele, you gotta love the one that goes like this. "Oh, haha, I must have lupus cause I'm always tired." Kinda makes you want to slap them, but I'm too tired. Point is you will learn to let it just run off your back. We here at whl do understand cause we live it every day. Ask questions here. I have learned alot about this disease here. I'll bet it is nice in AZ right now:~} Take care and God bless. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you so much for the kind words. It helps to have people that understand what this is like.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Michele. Welcome to WHL! We are so gad that you found us. I know it is difficult dealing with well people because they just don't get what it feels like to be sick. That is what we are for. This is where we come to vent, cry, yell and complain with people that understand what we are going through. Hopefully having us to vent to will allow you to enjoy your family and friends a little more.

Once again welcome to the WHL family! We are so glad that you have joined us
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am trying hard to let things run off my shoulders but sometimes I even feel like I don't understand my own feelings. Last summer I lost my mother who I was not real close with but it caused such a upset in the family that now I don't speak to my father or my sister. This has been so upsetting that is when I flared up and it has yet to settle down. I am trying to get use to all of this Lupus stuff and to except the fact that my sister who I was so close too has changed for the worse. It is so funny how a death in the family can change everyone so much because of greed. Well now that I got that out I feel better.

Thanks

Hi Michele,
    Welcome to the WHL and it's nice of you to join, there's so many threads to venture through and learn such alot about the condition from different member's including myself as all info helps.
    Yes you'll always have people say you look well i get it, it's like they're expecting you to be looking dead it does annoy my husband when it's said but after 25yrs of all sorts of ailments i let it fly over my head now you have no choice, like i said in crystals post it's all down to pure ignorance of todays society.

Hugs Terri xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot_Gem For This Useful Post:

lovehubby (02-02-2011)

Thanks

Michele,

I know it is hard but you have to try to let the stress go. Stress is the number 1 cause of a flare. It makes us so much worse. I understand about what death can do to a family because I lost my mother 6 years ago. You have to find a way to let it go or you will stay in this flare. I know it sounds like I am saying you are wrong but I am not! I am saying that for your health you have to find a way to let it go so you can feel better. You deserve to feel better and that is all that I want for you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wrote a letter to my sister and told who that I forgive her but that I do not want her in my life. She didn't ask to be forgiven I just thought I needed to do this for myself. I then wrote to my father who toward me after my mother died that I was not his daughter never was and never would be. I think it did me some good !! Aleast it was a way for me to try and put all at rest. I do Hope that I can stop all this crying I do everytime something new happens to me I cry again. Like last night I noticed some new rashes and there I go again crying. Isn't that just stupid to cry over a rash

Thanks

No it is not stupid to cry over a rash. We have all been there. Sometimes the rashes are the outward reminder of what is going on inside. This disease and others like it can be overwhelming! Your life has to change completely and early on you feel like it is always going to suck! The good news is that it doesn't always suck. You learn to adjust to a new "normal" and you learn to outsmart the disease so you can enjoy life again. It is somewhat different than it was but it is still enjoyable.

Never be ashamed of the tears though. There is not shame in crying and getting things out. Crying is much better than holding the feelings in. It gets them out and allows more room for new and positive feelings. Not crying when you feel like it is the stupid thing. That keeps negative feelings bottled up inside you and takes up much needed space so there is no room for joy.

Never be afraid to vent here either. You are part of our family now and we will be here for you always
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~