Thread: Hi everyone

Thanks

Default Hi everyone

Hi my name is Crystal. I was diagnosed with SLE in March 2009. Lupus almost took my life in May 2009. I am alive today with the help of chemo and a long list of medications. I joined because after I got really sick none of my friends seem to stick around. And it would be nice to be able to talk to people that are going through the same struggles I am.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Crystal! Welcome to WHL. We are so glad that you found us! We all understand what it is like to have this disease that no one understands. We know that it is like to have our lives revolve around medication and when (and if) our brain is working that day. You have now found a place where people understand and you have become a part of our family. We are here if you want to vent, complain, cry, laugh or just talk.

Once again I say welcome to the family! We really are glad to have you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know just what you mean when it comes to friends we find out who are true friends are. I have had Lupus well I should say confirmed since last summer.

Thanks

hi crystal welcome to whl we are all here anytime you need to talk hugs kim l

Thanks

welcome! there are so many great people here, and everyone is always full of good advice. glad you found it!

Thanks

Hi Crystal,
    Welcome to our lovely large family of the WHL and eveyone understands what your going through and there's so many threads where you'll see we're going through the same as yourself plus it's nice to see you join.
    It's really nice to hear you've pulled back from the Disease nearly taking your life, it is a struggle but refering other people and friends they'll never understand until they've actually got it themselfs and it's all down to pure ignorance and those who have kept a distance your better off without as they've showed there true colours to how much they was your friends.

I do hope your ok today and not in to much pain.

Hugs Terri xxx

Thanks

Hi Crystal, And welcome to WHL!
    And i know all to well about soon as you find out you have lupus and cant go & do
    as you use to with your friend's or family, they all disapear! But i try to not let it bother me any more as it only stresses me and make's me sicker and my health is worth more that
    little worry. There are lot's of wonderful and careing people here that do understand us.
    Gentle Hug's to you!!! Diane,,
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Thanks

Hello Crystal,
    How are things now mate and i hope your not suffering or in pain to much??

Have a pleasant week the best you can. Love Terri xxx