Thread: New strange symptom!!!

Thanks

Default New strange symptom!!!

Some of you may already be dealing with this. I am hoping someone can recognize it and identify it for me. About 6 months ago I started having this pain in my calf muscle mainly with movement. It is a tearing burning pain. Then over Christmas I started having the same type pain in the muscle in between my shoulder blade. However, this pain is unrelenting, same tearing and burning pain but it is almost constant. I have had all kinds of issues with my muscles, as many of us do. But this is different and almost debilitating. Anyone Savy out there?
    I don't do ups. Sit ups, push ups, pull ups. I do downs sit down, lay down, give me a black jack I will double down, or a cheese burger I will wolf it down. But I don't do ups. Ups defy gravity, gravity is the law, and I obey the law. -John Pinnette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am sorry to hear you are feeling this pain.I too have it.I have noticed since being on the plaqunil and other meds,slowly it has eased it.Dont get me wrong on bad days like last night my calves go rock hard and the pain is terrible,then i get bad cramps too.Id mention the calve pain to your doctor.The shoulder blade pain,burns hurts so bad you can not find a comfy position,lean forward or sleep very well with it either.I take Robaxin for the cramping,celebrex for the leg pain.Mention it to your doctor he will be able to prescribe something for you.It doesnt take it all away but does ease it allot more than it is now.Hope this helps.
    love
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

also have the doctor check your blood calcium levels. Some muscle problems stem from that. It can also be due to neuropathy. I get these pains and they have nothing to do with anything. talk to the doctor, that's the most important thing

hugs
    nonna

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

One other thing to try is upping your intake of potassium. Try eating more bananas, avocados, tomatoes and orange juice. You could also try getting some calcium and potassium tablets. It could be a Lupus thing as Nonna said about neuropathy or it could be that do to the meds and the disease your body isn't processing minerals as well as it did before. I will cross my fingers for the minerals because that is an easy fix
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~