Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on high W.B.C. & very scared & worried, reummy pulled me off imuran & low pred

Thanks

Unhappy Update on high W.B.C. & very scared & worried, reummy pulled me off imuran & low pred

Hi Everyone,
    As some know i was supose to go get my reclast infusion this fri to protect my bones becuse of the 40mg of predisone reumy has me on a day. Well for
    the past 2 wk's i've been feeling extremly tired,little red dot's under my skin,
    & so weak i have to hold on to the walls just to walk to the bathroom, feel's like my leg's just wont hold me up. The fatigue & weakness is even worser than my lupus or sjogrens flair's. No appetite, and still no weight gain witch reummy said i would gain on the pred & imuran.
    Last week i got the yeast infection from one of my autoammuine diseases witch thats normal about twice a year, but in 1 day time i noticed it it had ran my whole body so went to dr. gave me diflucan & checked my urine & no kidney inf, and told dr. i was extremely weak & i thought maby the imuran had
    droped my red blood count to low. He said to tell my reumy fri when i go for reclast infusion & tell her to check my blood count's.
    So friday when i got to reummys office i demanded they check my blood work before the reclast told them my symptoms, and my reumy did & it come back
    it was my white blood count was 18.400 extremly high! The nurse told me my reumatologist wanted to talk to me first & since i was not to see her fri i know something was wrong with my blood work. She was very concerned and ask did i have an infection, i told her not that i knew of not for my wbc to be that high, no fever, just i was severely weak & fatigued & felt very bad & a little cough.
    So bless goodness she pulled me off my Imuran imadiatly & drop my predisone to 40mg a day to 20mg a day & gave me a prescription of zithromax
    z-pack incase i had an upper respatory infection due to me coughing!
    I had been trying to keep upbeat with all thats going on and test after test
    even lip biopsy was neg for sjorgrens in the salave gland's, But this just totaly
    got me so depressed i cryed all way home, that high of white count and it was climbing before i started imuran & pred it was 13.500 whitch is elevated high is a huge Red Flag for Leukemia or hodgkins, witch ive been suspecting
    & fearing the back of my mind for a while now becuse of my symptoms.

So now im off the med's that was supose to slow the inflamation down in my brain becuse of cns vasculitis, and i horrified the vasculitis is going to take what little thinking i have left as it has been progressing fairley fast due to info on m.r.i's.
    And also could not do the reclast infusion becuse of high wbc.

I have an appt to go back to see my rummy in 10 more days, and she was wanting me to come in sooner, so she told me if im still feeling verry weak
    by monday jan 31, go to my family dr. & let him ck my blood work again and see what he thinks! So i pray the wbc go's down if not im horrified there gonna want to put me in hospital and do more test, Becuse if i dont have a severe infection some where it can only be leukemia or some kind of hodgkins
    cancer with a white count of 18.400, my wbc has been elevated for several years now but it steadly jumping started about 3 mont's ago, And with my dermatologist also told me last month that my reummy seriously needed to check me for leukemia or lymphoma, if it is i hope & pray they get serious
    now and check for it ,and if it is cancer it's in the earley stages to where i
    will have a good chance if beating it with med's.

Thank's for letting me vent on these dr's And thank's so much for listening
    & careing and all the wonderful people here at WHL!
    Dont know how i would make it through all this without you all!!!!!
    Gentle Hug's to all and wishing all less pain today!! Love Diane,,,
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i know it's hard to do, but don't borrow trouble. I have the cancer scare every other year or so with my mammograms. I know you can't help but be afraid. yet you can't control it; what is .... is. Try your best to go with the flow of things, it's easier stress wise. Stress will only make you feel worse. I won't tell you that each time it gets easier, it doesn't. you just have to endure. You have lupus, you have the strength to fight anything.

Trust in the Lord and He will carry you through,
    I know, I do,
    Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry you are feeling so sick and now have this added worry.My dad had leukima and the fear for you must be high.But like Nonna said,its not an easy time,but just rest,take each day as it comes,no forward thinking.There could be other reasons why its so high.Your mind can play tricks ,so keep resting untill you see your doctor.Soon enough he will find out what the problem is.Until then,one day at a time,keep posting here and try not to worry,easy for me to say i know.Thinking of you.
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Oliver For This Useful Post:

~LUVMYFLOWERS~ (01-30-2011)

Thanks

Hello Diane,
    Oh i am sorry mate, it sounded like things was on a steady level since we last chatted and now this.
    I am lost for words in one way knowing your such a lovely woman and i am hoping it's not cancer [seen to much of that mate] i do hope better news comes in tomorrow when you go back.
    With your saliva coming back negative are they trying to state now you have'nt got sjogrens disease with what you've gone through? but i am pleased to hear you yeast infection as cleared more.

Diane i'm not a religious person mate but i do hope and pray your next lot of tests show totally different and nothing in the signs of cancer shows.

Thinking of you dearly diane ((Hugs & Kisses)) dear friend Terri xxxxxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot_Gem For This Useful Post:

~LUVMYFLOWERS~ (01-30-2011)

Thanks

Thank's Nonna,
    For the kind word's, I try my best not to borrow trouble as i surley have my plate overflowing now. Just seem's at time's just as you pick your self up from one sickness or set back and
    start your can do attitide & healing process here here come's another set back.
    thanks so much for careing, just needed time to adjust & regroup again and gather my strength, And i do trust the lord, he is the reason ive made it this far & wouldent make it without him
    for sure!
    Gentle Hug's to you!!! Diane,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    i know it's hard to do, but don't borrow trouble. I have the cancer scare every other year or so with my mammograms. I know you can't help but be afraid. yet you can't control it; what is .... is. Try your best to go with the flow of things, it's easier stress wise. Stress will only make you feel worse. I won't tell you that each time it gets easier, it doesn't. you just have to endure. You have lupus, you have the strength to fight anything.

Trust in the Lord and He will carry you through,
    I know, I do,
    Nonna
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Thanks

Thank's Amanda,
    I just needed a little time to take a deep breath and regroup to go again, It scared me
    realy bad for my wbc to jump by 5,000 in 4 week's when i didnt feel like i had a bad infection
    other than extreemly weak & fatigue & thats normal for me with a lupus flair except never been quite that weak. But hopeing it may have just been the yeast that had run my body, and
    what ever it is the antibotic will bring my wbc back down. Thank's for reminding me to rember my one day @ a time!
    Lot's of love to you also!!!!! Diane,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Oliver View Post
    I am so sorry you are feeling so sick and now have this added worry.My dad had leukima and the fear for you must be high.But like Nonna said,its not an easy time,but just rest,take each day as it comes,no forward thinking.There could be other reasons why its so high.Your mind can play tricks ,so keep resting untill you see your doctor.Soon enough he will find out what the problem is.Until then,one day at a time,keep posting here and try not to worry,easy for me to say i know.Thinking of you.
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    Diagnosed,

Thanks

Thank's so much Terri,
    I surley needed a little time on this set back as not only the quicky riseing wbc, but that also
    jerked me off my med's that were supose to help my brain disease. I think they call it a 1 -2 punch! LOL! I do wonder sometime's though.I feel a little better just my legs still get very weak by noon, been resting more today and takeing it easy and will the rest of the week, reumatologist said to go to family dr. mon if im still the same sick as i was friday. But if i
    feel still little better tamarrow with just leg & body weakness by mid-day im going to try
    and wait for my next appt with my reummy in 9 more day's feb,11th.Maby the antibotics are
    doing some good! I surley hope so. But if i get to feeling worse before then ill go to the hospital
    and get checked.
    Reumatologist 2 of them still say i have sjogren's to many physical symptoms as of now!
    Thank's terri for the prayer's I alway's need them! and the thoughtfulness, & for careing!.
    As we do endure a lot with these diseases but always manage to pick our self's up and
    take a deep breath and continue to good fight!!!!!
    Lot's of love!! & Gentle Hug's to you!! hope you are feeling better your self!!!! Diane,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot_Gem View Post
    Hello Diane,
    Oh i am sorry mate, it sounded like things was on a steady level since we last chatted and now this.
    I am lost for words in one way knowing your such a lovely woman and i am hoping it's not cancer [seen to much of that mate] i do hope better news comes in tomorrow when you go back.
    With your saliva coming back negative are they trying to state now you have'nt got sjogrens disease with what you've gone through? but i am pleased to hear you yeast infection as cleared more.

Diane i'm not a religious person mate but i do hope and pray your next lot of tests show totally different and nothing in the signs of cancer shows.

Thinking of you dearly diane ((Hugs & Kisses)) dear friend Terri xxxxxx
    Diagnosed,

Thanks

Hi Diane,
    I'm thinking of you and hoping that you are feeling better by today. Let us know if you see your PCP today.
    BTW, there are lots of people who are sero-negative for Sjogren's but still have all the symptoms. You are very
    lucky to have docs who seem to be willing to treat the symptoms without the "verification" of the tests.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Diane,

Just know you are in my thoughts and hope your appt went ok today .

love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~LUVMYFLOWERS~ View Post
    Thank's so much Terri,
    I surley needed a little time on this set back as not only the quicky riseing wbc, but that also
    jerked me off my med's that were supose to help my brain disease. I think they call it a 1 -2 punch! LOL! I do wonder sometime's though.I feel a little better just my legs still get very weak by noon, been resting more today and takeing it easy and will the rest of the week, reumatologist said to go to family dr. mon if im still the same sick as i was friday. But if i
    feel still little better tamarrow with just leg & body weakness by mid-day im going to try
    and wait for my next appt with my reummy in 9 more day's feb,11th.Maby the antibotics are
    doing some good! I surley hope so. But if i get to feeling worse before then ill go to the hospital
    and get checked.
    Reumatologist 2 of them still say i have sjogren's to many physical symptoms as of now!
    Thank's terri for the prayer's I alway's need them! and the thoughtfulness, & for careing!.
    As we do endure a lot with these diseases but always manage to pick our self's up and
    take a deep breath and continue to good fight!!!!!
    Lot's of love!! & Gentle Hug's to you!! hope you are feeling better your self!!!! Diane,,
    Hello Diane,
    It is alot pulling you off your meds though in one go, you would think they would withdraw you off slowly because all meds can have side affects done in one go, unless it was the extreme and refering your legs that's the sjogren's because i have that day after day.
    I dow blame you resting and taking it more easy, mind you i've had an easy day this afternoon but this morning i had to shower Bruno and trying to get some stretch in the back of my legs is murder i bet your the same feeling it's like your ligaments are getting shorter.
    Diane if you do have to go to hospital before you appointment fingers crossed you don't have to let us know how you are.

Just take it easy and get loads of rest. All my love to you ((Hugs & Kisses)) Terri xxx