Thread: Pred question.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Pred question.

I was just wondering how long everyone has been taking prednisone for. I have been on it for 2 years now and im just a bit worried about it. Im only on 5mg right now.. but i was at 50mg at one stage.

I was just wondering if being on predisone for this length of time is a big concern to anyone else. One of my close friends had to take 12.5mg of prednisone for 2 weeks for her asthma and she was pretty worried even though it was only for a short time. I just got me thinking about it.

xx

Thanks

Hello Hazel. I have been on prednisone for 3 years. after being hospitalized for peulerisy, spelling has to be close haha, the docs put me on 40mg wich I was on up until about a year ago and have since tapered down to 4 mg. My doc wouldn't give me any details other than to tell me I can't stay on that much prednisone forever, wich it was the only thing alowing me to try and keep working, and that bad things WILL happen. I kinda blew it off untill somewhere on here I read a post from someone that desribed what their mother went through due to high dose steroid use and I decided right then I wanted off that crap. I will see if I can find that post. Hope this helps. God bless. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

I give up, I could not find that post, eye's are bugging out now. However I did google effects of long term steroid use, try that, it will give you gobs of information.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubagramplit View Post
    Hello Hazel. I have been on prednisone for 3 years. after being hospitalized for peulerisy, spelling has to be close haha, the docs put me on 40mg wich I was on up until about a year ago and have since tapered down to 4 mg. My doc wouldn't give me any details other than to tell me I can't stay on that much prednisone forever, wich it was the only thing alowing me to try and keep working, and that bad things WILL happen. I kinda blew it off untill somewhere on here I read a post from someone that desribed what their mother went through due to high dose steroid use and I decided right then I wanted off that crap. I will see if I can find that post. Hope this helps. God bless. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3