Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Sorry

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Very Sorry

Ok everyone, I have an apology to make. I am really sorry I have not been around the last few days and I have neglected greetings to those that have joined. Wednesday I had a choice to make. I had to either be a good friend and physically pay the price for a few days or let this illness change the kind of friend that I am/have always been. I chose to help my friend and I am paying the price.

My best friends mother was rushed out of the rest home that she has had to live in for 3 years (after breaking her hip) and taken to the hospital. She had an apparent "Fall" that broke the bones that make up her eye socket and fractured her cheek bone in several places. Jan (my best friend) has lived in a suburb of Houston since the late 80's but she still doesn't drive in Houston proper and the hospital that her mother was initially taken to transferred her to the medical center in downtown houston because of the possible brain trauma. By the time she got to the Medical center they had already found out that the had a blood clot behind her eye and many other things wrong.

Although I am not supposed to drive and I know how lack of sleep and stress affects me I could not let her down and I headed out and spent from Weds through Thurs night in the neuro trauma wing of a hospital in Houston. I went for 39 hours without sleep and I am paying for it now. I did check here from my phone from time to time but by the time I got home I was burned from the lighting (yes, I constantly refreshed my sun block), my right foot was drooping so I had to use the cane constantly and my other ankle was swollen terrible. We won't even discuss the brain fog!

I am home now but it has taken a very long time to type this post but I felt it important to let you all know that I wasn't ignoring you either in posts or in PM's. I am working on taking care of myself right now and I will be checking but if I don't answer you please don't take it personally. I hope to be back up to a "normal flare" (LOL) by Sat or Sun.

Hugs to each of you in my WHL family
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Oh Mari, there's no need to appologize. You have to take care of you first to be able to take care of everybody else. You helping your friend when she needs you the most and putting yourself second just shows what a wonderful caring person you are. Please get some much needed well deserved rest. Come back only when you're feeling well rested and relaxed.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((MAri))) Why does it not surprise me that you helped your friend? You are one of the most selfless people I know! Take care of yourself & get to feeling better! We'll all still be here when you do!
    Lauren

Thanks

dear mari do not apologize to us you are a wonderful kind and caring person please take care of yourself my friend many hugs kiml

Thanks

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No need to apologise just rest up.

love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari sweetheart, the other have said it all, ii know a lot of us would have made the same decision. Hug and good thoughts and prayers. Rest easy

Toni

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thanks everyone. I have slept all day and am going to try and go to the doctor tomorrow. I will be a walk in so I am not sure if he can see me but wish me luck
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Mari,
    You don't have to apologize for doing what you need to do in life. You are not superwoman, and you have to take care of yourself, too.
    Take good care of yourself and feel better soon!
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

You have nothing to apologize for Mari. You do a great job as a mod, and your contributions here are so helpful to so many.