Thread: Finger Pain

Thanks

Thumbs up Finger Pain

Hello!

I have a question! I have developed a new symptom where on my left hand- the index finger and thumb feel like I burned them on a straighter or curling iron! Itís a real itchy burning sensation which makes them highly irritating and when I Type or touch it! It sends an unusual tingling sensation itís hot to touch and I was icing it done over a period and it was helping but its coming back worse and worse.
    I called my rheumatoid arthritis nurse and she is sending me for blood tests but she mentioned that she has never heard of this before.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this or has and advice on getting the pain to go?

AmandaPanda
    "We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils.

Thanks

Could it be a hive? I get hives on my fingers all the time and they itch and then burn. Hot makes them worse and cold eases the discomfort some. I use to be able to take antihistamines and that helped a lot but now I've developed an allergy to them.

Thanks

I have never had hives before, but that could be a possiblity!!! Im not aware of any allergies..

AmandaPanda
    "We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils.

Thanks

I'm not a medical professional but you could try taking an antihistamine to see if that gives you some relief. I get hives over 70% of my body and they drive me crazy!! I suspect that's what it is.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've never heard of this either. Please let us know what the blood tests reveal.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi,
    I just joined the site today and before I joined I was reading a few posts and came across yours. It sounds to me like it could be the start of carpal tunnel syndrome. I've had it for years, caused by Lupus. I had surgery in 2006 on my left hand (they wanted to do the right hand too) but I didn't see any change following the surgery. Then, in 2009, I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE. This is probably why the surgery never worked. Now I live with it as one of the symptoms of my flares. Sometimes, I wear a splint at night and it helps somewhat. I usually double dose on Advil to try and bring down the inflammation--that's really the only thing that makes the pain go away or at least tolerable. I hope you find out what it is soon--I know how frustrating new symptoms can be. Good luck!

Thanks

Hey guys!

So i got my blood test results in and its definitly shows the im flaring so i have a appointment to see my specailist on the 18th! I did start back on the plaquenil and Im hoping that if i stick out through the side effects that hopefully there will be a turn around with the flare up.

AmandaPanda