Thread: Symptom Questions

Thanks

Default Symptom Questions

Since I have more than one AI and didn't know Lupus was one of them until recently even though I was diagnosed 10 years ago (doctor forgot to tell ME) I have some questions. I'm trying to separate which symptoms are specifically Lupus and what I need to bring up to my doctors. Since I don't have a Rheumatologist (other than the one that I've seen twice in 10 years) I don't have the time to talk about all my symptoms with my GP. Most of the symptoms I know about but some are strange and I don't know if they fit Lupus.

Around 9 PM I've been getting a low-grade fever between 99.9 and 100.2. The only other symptom with the fever is swollen glands in my neck. It breaks during the night and I wake up feeling fine.

My saliva glands hurt with the first bite of food no matter what kind. It's like the feeling you get when you first bite into a lemon but it's painful and not food specific. I think it happens when my glands are swollen but I'm not positive.

Recently I started twitching especially in my hands. It almost feels like the muscles are intermittently releasing because it happens less when they're totally relaxed.

As I'm nodding off to sleep I involuntarily and violently gasp for air. This happens a couple of times and only when I'm starting to fall asleep.

Headaches 24/7! Never don't have a headache!

I'm sure I'll think of others but for now this will do.

Thanks

You know what, I was thinking about this yesterday. Alot of people here wonder if this or that is a symptom of lupus or a side effect of the meds.
    Well thinking about it, made me come to this solution.
    Almost everything that ailes me, is lupus related. Because I have had all these following symptoms, before I was dx and before I was on any meds.

HEADACHES- check
    BRAIN FOG - check
    DIZZYNESS- check
    NUMBNESS- check
    STOMACH ISSUES- check
    SWOLLEN GLANDS- check
    HAIR LOSS- check
    FATIUGE- check

That makes me think, that the meds are not to blame.
    BTW my salivary glands are acting up too, very painful. Like you said it is not food specific, I don't care, what I eat or drink, it hurts, it feels like the gland is cramping.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

As I'm nodding off to sleep I involuntarily and violently gasp for air. This happens a couple of times and only when I'm starting to fall asleep.
    I copied this statement from your post. this is caused by sleep apnea, and I am going to assume that it happens when you sleep on your back for the most part. As your body starts to relax so that you can fall asleep I believe that your throat and or tongue relax and that gasp of air is you waking up and in turn your oral muscles wake back up and there you are sitting there wondering what happened. This is the experience that I have had. Try getting an oversized pillow and sleep on your side or stomach. Hope this helps with that little part. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...upus-Questions

This is a great thread that Oluwa started a few years ago that can specifically outline what is Lupus. The original thread is found in the sticky section of Laurie's Lounge.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.