Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair thinning.

Thanks

Default Hair thinning.

My hair has thinned dramatically since upping the prednisolone. Do others get this reaction?

Thanks

I'm on Prednisone and my hair has thinned terribly. The only way I can wear it is not get it cut and pull it up with a small hairpiece/clip. It's disturbing but without Prednisone I can't stand the joint pain and horrible hives. Losing my vanity has become a must and it's upsetting.

Thanks

GoodDog, its not fun at all having your thinned because of medicine, when i got bac to 5mg a few months ago my hair returned to normal thickness. I hope i can get back to that dose soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i have the steriod injection instead of the tablets and thou my hair is thinning it is not to bad and the doctors with this new drug they want me to try for my lupus it should help that to its called azathioprine have you heard of it???

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My hair started thinning years ago before the pred and lupus diagnosis. The pred has made it go faster. I am ready for a pixie hair cut and a wig. It's so thin I can not even grow it out to wear my hair pieces anymore.

Yuck!!!!!!.............

Need a bald headed smilie here. LOL

Nonna

Thanks

Hi Hating_that_pred,
    And im with you on hateing the pred, They have me on 40mg a day and i already had bald spots and short broken hair all over my head, Plus they just put me on imuran, and it also causes hair loss!!!ARGGGG!! I heard several people speak of the a shampoo that thicken's hair and go's to the root shaft to stimulate and help with groth. So i went got me some, and for me it has helped
    a lot . It dose thicken and make it fuller but cause of the lupus and med's i still have a few bald thinning spot's. the name is Nioxin #2 for noticeably thinning hair. I get mine at walmart salon.
    I also use jojoba oil, or extra virgin olive oil, and raw unrefined honey to soak my scalp and hair
    maby once every 2 weeks, it help's a lot the oils to moisten & keep from breaking so
    bad, the raw honey has a nat antibotic in it, makes hair shiney & healthy.
    Hope this help's !!! Have a great day!! Diane,
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~LUVMYFLOWERS~ For This Useful Post:

predcheeks (01-24-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I also hate the thinning hair but cannot do without the meds as long as i do not go bald because that would mean another diagnosis of depression. Bonita

Thanks

Hello ladies, I too as well as you am suffering with hair loss. My Dr told me to use biotin pills, they dont interact with meds. So far I've noticed less hair loss especially when I shower. I can't say it has stopped the hair loss yet but I can say I'm seeing results. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mine has been coming out by the fingers' full since not long after my initial diagnosis. It could be the prednisone -- I wasn't sure if it wasn't just another AI issue. It's always "fun" to find new ways to hide the carnage. My bangs suffer the most which is a bummer because my eyes are always swollen from the meds so it's getting tougher and tougher to keep myself presentable!

Thanks

I know, serand4, it use to be I could hide my flaws with makeup and a hairpiece but now I barely have enough hair to clip a piece on to. And I can't wear wigs because I break out in terrible hives all over my head, neck and some of my face. It almost looks worse when I try to put on makeup especially eye makeup. it just draws attention to my problem. Thank heaven's for sun glasses! I have 2 older sisters and all our lives we competed to see who was the prettiest. I haven't seen them in years and don't imagine they would even recognize me. It's a shame to have been raised with so much (brain fart - can't think of the word) importance on how we look.

The other day someone commented on how nice I looked with my makeup on and what a good color my rouge was for my complexion. I didn't tell them I didn't have any on and the reason my wrinkles don't show any more is because my skin is so tight. The older I get the younger I look because of the tightness. I guess that's one thing to be happy about. LOL