Quote Originally Posted by Leelee View Post
Hi GoodDog,

Well, I went to my first rheumy appt today, but didn't find out anything of note about the red dots on my arms, chest, back, etc. He said he didn't know what they were, but they were not Lupus.

So I guess I am back to believing my Lyme doctor who says they are caused by Bartonella.

The rheumy pretty much said he didn't think I had Lupus, even though I had +ANA and +Smith antibodies (tested by my Lyme doctor). But, he re-tested me again to see if the results differed. He said he "might" consider Lupus if the results are still positive.

Totally OT, but it was such a disappointing visit. He was totally unconcerned and uninterested. It was dehumanizing in a way.

Best of luck with your red spots. If you find out what they are, I'd be interested in hearing from you.
This is one of the reasons that I have come to detest doctors! That holier than thou attitude when you feel like they are looking down their nose at you. It makes me so mad! Just remember that you know your body and whether it is Lupus or not do NOT give up on yourself. You have to be your best advocate. Keep standing up for yourself and make people listen. We are here for you while you fight this battle