Thread: Any Lupie gals ever taken Clomid? Or done fertility treatments?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Any Lupie gals ever taken Clomid? Or done fertility treatments?

I was wondering if any of the ladies here have ever taken Clomid or gone through infertility treatments. I just got done with my first round of Clomid and am trying to have a baby. It's been ok so far, a little tired, but still can't tell if it's Lupus and Clomid or just Lupus.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I did but it was before I knew I was sick (I had 4 miscarriages before this). It made me a bit tired and put some weight on be but I felt ok. Took 4 months for it to work. The doctor only wanted to do 3 months but I begged for the 4th. Wasn't he surprised when I called to say I was preggers!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

haha I bet he was surprised! I love to hear stories like that. I've had 3 miscarriages (conceived naturally.. once Lupus started rearing its ugly head I stopped ovulating) and I'm hoping this will be the time I get pregnant! I am taking Clomid, then doing a shot of Ovidrel on Wednesday or Thursday to trigger ovulation. I'm hopeful for once in a LONG time.

Thanks

My daughter is taking Clomid. She had a baby when she was 20, but hasn't been able to have another one - she's 31 now. She hasn't been dx'd with an AI disease, but she has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Glucose Intolerance and Lactose Intolerance, so I think that it is a matter of time before she's dx'd with some of the stuff that I have.

Lucky for me, I had my babies before I had any idea that I had AI issues - all he had to do was get that gleam in his eyes and BAM, I was preggers. I did miscarry my twins, though - and now I wonder if that was an early indication of something starting to happen in my body?

Good luck - I'm hoping that the Clomid works for both you and my Hillary!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Blue - Haven't taken it, but just wanted to say best of luck! (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Does Lupus make you stop ovulating? This is probably a stupid question in this particular thread, but it would explain why I went into menapause at 42.

Thanks

Not in my case.
    At this point, I wish it would. I'm 53, and still going fairly regularly.
    I nursed a lot of babies, which suppressed ovulation. Now, I swear its going to keep going 'til I'm 60!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    (who currently is dealing with menstrual cramps and just had a MTX injection - GRRR)

Thanks

I took it twice. It took me almost two years to get pregnant with my daughter and was on clomid for only a month, but with my son I was on clomid for 6 month with one injection a month to induce ovulation. I had "unexplained infertility" at the time I didn't know I had lupus at that time, but looking back I had a lot of the symptoms