Thread: Sun exposure

Thanks

Default Sun exposure

Here's a quick question for anyone. Do we need to watch our sun exposure in the winter? I live in the Northeastern part of the US and never considered this until now. Just don't know. I have a very active 2 year old Golden Retriever who loves the snow so I spend a lot of time outside...then a lot of time by my heater! Thanks for support!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Everyone reacted differently to the sun; and a lot of our meds say to stay out of the sun. did you know that the northern hemisphere is closer to the sun in the winter? funny isn't it? Try it and see how you react. Do you get the rashes badly in the summer then you need the sunscreen on the winter also. My only other bit of advice is a hot shower or bath when you come in to ward off the chill.

Oh and where in Pennsylvania are you? My family comes from Millersville.

nonna

Thanks

I'm about halfway between Wellsboro and Mansfield; two pretty small towns just south of Corning New York. Strangely enough last summer was the first year that I had issues with the sun. I thought people either had problems or they didn't, that it didn't change. I got a rash wherever skin wasn't covered and within about a day I had a "mini" flare. It would be so much easier if you had a set of symptoms that didn't change. I hate these strange things that sneak in and creep out without explanation.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

As Nonna said, everyone reacts differently however if you are having issues with the sun then yes, summer or winter will most likely be the same. I not only have to deal with outdoor lighting but indoor florescent lighting as well. You may have to watch get covered up to go into grocery stores or offices as well. Trips to the hospital for me require sunscreen, hats and long sleeves!

Just keep an eye on it and if you notice that you feel worse after or that your skin feels itchy or burning when in the light then you know that it is now an issue for you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It changed for me too. I was never sensitive to the sun, but it crept up on me the past few years and I'm like a vampire now! I hate the sun unless I'm on vacation and slathered in sunscreen. Oh how I miss the days of being brown from the sun!